confusion re HE A & B's

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funkykat, 8 April 2008 Social URL.

1. funkykat

funkykat Kat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi everyone,

at class last night they made it sound like we should eat our healthy extras as part of a meal... does this mean that we can't use them as snacks?

i just tend to nibble on snacks in between meals if i'm hungry is this ok (obviously sticking within syn allowance)?

also can syns be used at any time of the day?

we do have a new consultant so i'm not entirely confident in what she was saying,

kat x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi,

I've been doing SW on and off for the last.... 3 years... and it's news to me. I tend to use my B's in a meal though as I like a jacket potato with my steak etc, I can't see any reason why you can't have them when you want them, aslong as you stick to the amount allowed etc. xxx

4. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    You can have them when you want. Im like Louise tend to use my Bs as/with meals but snack on my A's whenever. It wont make any difference! I went to a different group before this one and I did think that consultant was a bit rubbishy xxx

5. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    The only thing i do is if im hungry mid afternoon i use my HE-B brown bread roll filled with loads of salad and some salad cream.

Ive never ever heard in all the time i have been doing SW- which is on and off for 13 yrs- that you need to use your HE's in or as a meal. use them however way you wish!

Mad
    Ruthy xxx

6. saralouise

saralouise Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi - like everyone else, I have never heard this before in all my times at SW. I very rarely use mine in a meal as being a veggie I don't tend to need them. I generally use them as snacks and have never had any problems doing this.

7. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have been doing SW on and off for years(!) and have never heard of this.
    Are you sure it wasn't just about showing you how you can include them into your meals?
    As far as I can see see, you can use them as you wish, it would make no difference to losses or gains.

Sam
    xxx

8. funkykat

funkykat Kat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey everyone,
    its conclusive that you can eat at any time. lentil - i think you may be right that i've misunderstood when the consultant was explaining how you could use them.
    thanks for your comments Kx

9. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Do u reckon u can spit the HE options + use two variants as one, like instead of 6 Larfin Cows and 350 ml skim milk as 2 x HE (A)'s, u can have 3 LC's and 175ml milk as 1 x HE (A)...??? And 1 x 'Alpen Lite' bar with 1 weetabix as 1 x HE (B) instead of 2 bars and 2 weetabix!?? You see where I'm goin on this one..??!! (lol) ....

10. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know if you can, but that's exactly what I've been doing on the HE A's smigget. I find 3 LC's ample so I use skimmed milk to fill up the A option. I'll have to ask my SW consultant if that's allowed.

11. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Yeah you can split them, I asked last night as she said that was fine which is great for moi :)

12. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's good to know, thanks Vicky :)

13. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Re: Splitting HE's

That's great - so I can have what I said be (ie) 3 Larfing Cows plus 175ml skimmy milk as one HE(a) ??? Also, 1 W'Bix plus 2 and a half Scan Breads, again for just the one HE(b) ???

14. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    PS

In order to cut down a bit, I've cut my syns to almost none plus HE(a) to just one - what do u lot have in the way of syns and HE's??? I just want to maintain the weight I am so not loads of weight to lose... literally just a few pounds - 5/10 syns?? 2 x HE's (a) ??? I do keep to 2 x HE(b)'s tho.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.