confusion re HE A & B's

hi everyone,

at class last night they made it sound like we should eat our healthy extras as part of a meal... does this mean that we can't use them as snacks?

i just tend to nibble on snacks in between meals if i'm hungry is this ok (obviously sticking within syn allowance)?

also can syns be used at any time of the day?

we do have a new consultant so i'm not entirely confident in what she was saying,

kat x

Hi,

I've been doing SW on and off for the last.... 3 years... and it's news to me. I tend to use my B's in a meal though as I like a jacket potato with my steak etc, I can't see any reason why you can't have them when you want them, aslong as you stick to the amount allowed etc. xxx

You can have them when you want. Im like Louise tend to use my Bs as/with meals but snack on my A's whenever. It wont make any difference! I went to a different group before this one and I did think that consultant was a bit rubbishy xxx

The only thing i do is if im hungry mid afternoon i use my HE-B brown bread roll filled with loads of salad and some salad cream.

Ive never ever heard in all the time i have been doing SW- which is on and off for 13 yrs- that you need to use your HE's in or as a meal. use them however way you wish!

Mad
Ruthy xxx

Hi - like everyone else, I have never heard this before in all my times at SW. I very rarely use mine in a meal as being a veggie I don't tend to need them. I generally use them as snacks and have never had any problems doing this.

Do u reckon u can spit the HE options + use two variants as one, like instead of 6 Larfin Cows and 350 ml skim milk as 2 x HE (A)'s, u can have 3 LC's and 175ml milk as 1 x HE (A)...??? And 1 x 'Alpen Lite' bar with 1 weetabix as 1 x HE (B) instead of 2 bars and 2 weetabix!?? You see where I'm goin on this one..??!! (lol) ....

I don't know if you can, but that's exactly what I've been doing on the HE A's smigget. I find 3 LC's ample so I use skimmed milk to fill up the A option. I'll have to ask my SW consultant if that's allowed.

Yeah you can split them, I asked last night as she said that was fine which is great for moi :)

PS

In order to cut down a bit, I've cut my syns to almost none plus HE(a) to just one - what do u lot have in the way of syns and HE's??? I just want to maintain the weight I am so not loads of weight to lose... literally just a few pounds - 5/10 syns?? 2 x HE's (a) ??? I do keep to 2 x HE(b)'s tho.

Back