Congratulations are in order I passed...

sevenate9

my car theory test today. I am so proud of myself especially because I also lost 5lbs on the diet yesterday; a good week all round.

Celebrate good times, come on:D
:party0019:

Well done on both counts hun.xx

hey 789, well done!! that's fabulous!! how long before your driving test?

Congratulations on passing your driving test!!!:party0049::party0049::party0049: :character00182:

and well done on your 5lb loss this week:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks everyone for sharing in my happiness. :D

hey 789, well done!! that's fabulous!! how long before your driving test?
Haven't booked it yet but plan do do it in December; if I give myself enough time to learn all the necessary things I should be able to pass it first time.

Well done hun on both counts!!!

What was the theory like? I have had 6 driving lessons so far and should really be thinking of putting in for mine.

Oisin x

It was alright. What helped me the most was a disk set that I bought with all practice questions an some example hazard perception videos. For the past three weeks I have worked through every category in the test e.g. road signs and made sure that I know the answer to every question. What is excellent about the software is that it allows you to learn through practise and gives an explanation to any questions you answer incorrectly. Once you gave practised there is also the opportunity to take a test in test conditions with the relevant number of questions and the relevant time limit. After completing three tests it will give you a readiness report based on yur statistics to identify whether you are ready for the real test.

The second disk in the package is on hazard perception. Again, there are practise videos that give you feedback on your performance and also tell you where you should have spotted the hazards. There are also notes on the type of hazards that may occur in the test and what to look out for. It's called Driving Test Success. Please see below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...s&field-keywords=driving+test+success&x=0&y=0

I can be a perfectionist when I want to and I did not allow myself to take the final test until I was absolutely sure I knew the answer to every single question.

You can also sign up with the DVLA for a free account which allows you to take 2 free theory test to show how ready you are for the real one. I saved them for this morning to check that I was defintely ready. The link is below:
DSA Practise Theory Test

well done you! I remember when I did my theory test, they had just bought in the hazard perception and the first I heard of it, was when I arrived for my test!! arghh!! So I was gutted when I got 100% in the questions but failed on the hazard perception!! Thankfully I passed the second time!

Good luck with your practical then - it will be fab when you have passed! x

Thanks for the links hun x

well done you! I remember when I did my theory test, they had just bought in the hazard perception and the first I heard of it, was when I arrived for my test!! arghh!! So I was gutted when I got 100% in the questions but failed on the hazard perception!! Thankfully I passed the second time!

Good luck with your practical then - it will be fab when you have passed! x

Oh no, I would have been completely mortified;well done for taking it on the chin and passing the second time.

How was the practical? It all seems so much closer now! This morning it was a distant concept now it seems so real.

That's alright Oisin, happy to help.

I think the practical all depends on the person judging you! I didn't pass first time and I think it was harsh what I failed on, but the one I passed on, I was more comfortable with the lady and although I kept doing this really stupid thing, because of nerves (all of a sudden, every time I stopped, I kept forgetting to put it back in gear before pulling off!! Duh!!), she knew it was nerves and I passed through it.

I think the biggest problem is nerves, I took lots of kalms and rescue remedy to try and calm me down!! Good luck! x

Well done you should be very proud i know i was when i passed my theory test, and well done on losing 5lb too thats fab :)

Thanks very much I do feel very proud; I am on the road to sorting out quite a few life long challenges.

I love your name by the way, made me laugh.

Back