Congratulations are in order I passed...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sevenate9, 11 October 2008 Social URL.

1. sevenate9

sevenate9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    my car theory test today. I am so proud of myself especially because I also lost 5lbs on the diet yesterday; a good week all round.

Celebrate good times, come on:D
    :party0019:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well done on both counts hun.xx

Mini likes this.
  4. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hey 789, well done!! that's fabulous!! how long before your driving test?

Mini likes this.
  5. Susie Tuesday

Susie Tuesday Seriously???

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Sole Source
    Well done hun, on both counts xx

Mini likes this.
  6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Congratulations on passing your driving test!!!:party0049::party0049::party0049: :character00182:

and well done on your 5lb loss this week:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

well done on the test and the 5lbs xx

8. sevenate9

sevenate9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    Thanks everyone for sharing in my happiness. :D

Haven't booked it yet but plan do do it in December; if I give myself enough time to learn all the necessary things I should be able to pass it first time.

9. oisin

oisin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    3st8lb
    Current Weight:
    1st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(66%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Well done hun on both counts!!!

What was the theory like? I have had 6 driving lessons so far and should really be thinking of putting in for mine.

Oisin x

10. sevenate9

sevenate9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    It was alright. What helped me the most was a disk set that I bought with all practice questions an some example hazard perception videos. For the past three weeks I have worked through every category in the test e.g. road signs and made sure that I know the answer to every question. What is excellent about the software is that it allows you to learn through practise and gives an explanation to any questions you answer incorrectly. Once you gave practised there is also the opportunity to take a test in test conditions with the relevant number of questions and the relevant time limit. After completing three tests it will give you a readiness report based on yur statistics to identify whether you are ready for the real test.

The second disk in the package is on hazard perception. Again, there are practise videos that give you feedback on your performance and also tell you where you should have spotted the hazards. There are also notes on the type of hazards that may occur in the test and what to look out for. It's called Driving Test Success. Please see below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...s&field-keywords=driving+test+success&x=0&y=0

I can be a perfectionist when I want to and I did not allow myself to take the final test until I was absolutely sure I knew the answer to every single question.

You can also sign up with the DVLA for a free account which allows you to take 2 free theory test to show how ready you are for the real one. I saved them for this morning to check that I was defintely ready. The link is below:
    DSA Practise Theory Test

11. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

well done you! I remember when I did my theory test, they had just bought in the hazard perception and the first I heard of it, was when I arrived for my test!! arghh!! So I was gutted when I got 100% in the questions but failed on the hazard perception!! Thankfully I passed the second time!

Good luck with your practical then - it will be fab when you have passed! x

12. oisin

oisin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    3st8lb
    Current Weight:
    1st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(66%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for the links hun x

13. sevenate9

sevenate9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    Oh no, I would have been completely mortified;well done for taking it on the chin and passing the second time.

How was the practical? It all seems so much closer now! This morning it was a distant concept now it seems so real.

That's alright Oisin, happy to help.

14. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I think the practical all depends on the person judging you! I didn't pass first time and I think it was harsh what I failed on, but the one I passed on, I was more comfortable with the lady and although I kept doing this really stupid thing, because of nerves (all of a sudden, every time I stopped, I kept forgetting to put it back in gear before pulling off!! Duh!!), she knew it was nerves and I passed through it.

I think the biggest problem is nerves, I took lots of kalms and rescue remedy to try and calm me down!! Good luck! x

15. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done you should be very proud i know i was when i passed my theory test, and well done on losing 5lb too thats fab :)

16. sevenate9

sevenate9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    Thanks very much I do feel very proud; I am on the road to sorting out quite a few life long challenges.

I love your name by the way, made me laugh.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.