Considering moving to Calorie Counting for last stone.

SheridanLM91

Criminology Student
Hello everyone!

I'm currently not calorie counting but am just planning ahead for about in a month or so about changing to calorie counting to lose my last stone.

I'm currently 11st 4lb so when I hit about 10st 5lb, I wanted to switch to calorie counting to shift the last bit down to goal weight 9st 5lbs.

I've been doing a VLCD since September and have lost just over 3 stone so far (SW: 14st 5lbs)
And it's been great and will use it until I reach my 4 stone loss then move to calorie counting.

I was just wanting to hear people's experiences with calorie counting and what losses are like, and how you find managing your food on a daily basis, and deciding on exercise etc.

I know the losses will be slower but I'm happy to take the scenic route for the last little bit when I get there.

Wow you've done fab so far! Well done :)

I started cc recently and I'm now on my third week. I've lost 7lb so far and I've found it incredibly easy. I've tried every diet under the sun and this works very well for me. I think it's because nothing is restricted so I don't feel like it's a proper 'diet' if that makes sense. I can have anything I fancy as long as I have the calories left, and eat very 'normally' which makes it good for eating out or grabbing something quick if you're busy.

I am on 1500 cals a day (a lot of people do less) and track using the MFP app. I tend to do a meal plan for the week then shop around what I've planned so I don't end up buying lots of rubbish.

If you've been on a VLCD it may be wise to try and cut back on the carbs when you start cc, then slowly reintroduce them as your body gets used to them again. Losses will be slow compared to what you're used to but it's a given when you get close to your goal weight anyway. Do you do any exercise? If you don't, it may be worth looking in to some which will help burn off the calories then you don't have to worry as much about what you're eating.

Good luck :D

Wow you've done fab so far! Well done :) I started cc recently and I'm now on my third week. I've lost 7lb so far and I've found it incredibly easy. I've tried every diet under the sun and this works very well for me. I think it's because nothing is restricted so I don't feel like it's a proper 'diet' if that makes sense. I can have anything I fancy as long as I have the calories left, and eat very 'normally' which makes it good for eating out or grabbing something quick if you're busy. I am on 1500 cals a day (a lot of people do less) and track using the MFP app. I tend to do a meal plan for the week then shop around what I've planned so I don't end up buying lots of rubbish. If you've been on a VLCD it may be wise to try and cut back on the carbs when you start cc, then slowly reintroduce them as your body gets used to them again. Losses will be slow compared to what you're used to but it's a given when you get close to your goal weight anyway. Do you do any exercise? If you don't, it may be worth looking in to some which will help burn off the calories then you don't have to worry as much about what you're eating. Good luck :D

Thanks for your comment BeaBeas!

Really well done on your loss so far - half a stone in 3 weeks is brilliant!
I'm glad that you've found it easy, I'm always worried that I'd forget to include calories but using myfitnesspal definitely sounds like it makes sense - can log much easier!
I think you make a good point about carbs, I don't want to shock my body into gaining lots when I come off VLCD, though I know it's normally to go up a few lbs initially.

I do gentle exercise right now, eager to do more but limited due to restraints of so little calories. So will definitely increase my exercise when I move to CC.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post and wish you the best of luck - hope to see you in the CC section in a few weeks time! :)

Back