constant headaches

tanya12

so i did sns about a year ago and didnt suffer much with headaches, have posted a couple of weeks ago and followed all of you advice about drinking more water anyways i went to the doc as i was still getting the headaches and the doc did a dipstick and said i was drinking far too much water and my kidneys and liver were suffering so i came off the diet for best part of a week and have come back on it with the ok from the doc and am now drinking the normal amount of fluids however the headaches just wont go away.
any advice to stop these headaches? paracetemol doesnt work

so i did sns about a year ago and didnt suffer much with headaches, have posted a couple of weeks ago and followed all of you advice about drinking more water anyways i went to the doc as i was still getting the headaches and the doc did a dipstick and said i was drinking far too much water and my kidneys and liver were suffering so i came off the diet for best part of a week and have come back on it with the ok from the doc and am now drinking the normal amount of fluids however the headaches just wont go away.
any advice to stop these headaches? paracetemol doesnt work

Ouch! Have you had you eyes tested recently! Could it possibly be eye strain? x

What about your caffiene intake - have you changed that on S&S? I used to live on diet coke and coffee, don't do the diet coke any more but if I've not got enough coffee in then I get a killer headache lasting for ages. I'll have to do a detox eventually, but one thing at a time!

hi girls thanx for reply, yeah had eyes tested and they ok lol and have never really been a coffee drinker i drink 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon i drink a couple cups of tea in the day if i havnt had my morning coffee but this has been the same on and off the diet but its only when im on the diet im getting the headaches

Hi Tanya, I'm not sure I can help with the headaches, sorry, but I am curious as to how much water you were drinking that the doctor said was affecting you in an adverse way...?

ive always heard that you can drink too much, but I have never ever found anywhere that says how much is too much?

i always aim for 4 litres a day plus what I have in shakes etc.. And I must say I feel far better for it, so I'm hoping it was far far more than that!

Sorry to hear about the headaches, hope that they go soon xx

Hi so I was drinking around 2litre a day plus whatever I had in packs then posted on here and was advised to drink more as I was getting headaches so I upped fluid to 4litres a day plus whatever in with the packs and thats when the doc found out I was hinder ing my health. He did also sah the diet was safe as long as I recover first which took me just over a week. Was weigh in daytoday and I ssomehow managed yo lose 1b even aftet having over a week off

Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish. Have you tried ibuprofen? I know it isn't a permanent solution, but maybe knocking it on the head will do the trick? Hopefully you won't have to ditch the diet

It's really interesting that your doc thinks you were drinking too much. On occasion I measure my consumption when I don't think I'm getting enough in, and each time, including packs, I've been well over 5 litres in a day - I've got a 5 litre jug and once this was empty I figured I was drinking enough so didn't measure further :)

It's really interesting that your doc thinks you were drinking too much. On occasion I measure my consumption when I don't think I'm getting enough in, and each time, including packs, I've been well over 5 litres in a day - I've got a 5 litre jug and once this was empty I figured I was drinking enough so didn't measure further :)
hi yeah so the doc didnt just think this he did a urnalysis and it showed up i had billirubin in my system which meant my kidnesy and liver were not functioning properly anyway im sure was just my body playing up, i am happy to say that for this afternoon anyway my headach has gone im not in keto yet tho :mad:

hope this hasnt scared any1`remember the doc did say it was safe to continue once my body had evened itself out so dont be alarmed

Just a thought, I had heard that a multivit with potassium can help, although you may want to see the doc again

Back