Constipated

L1sa73

I've been doing SW extra easy now for a week and a half I'm eating tons of fruit n veg, fruit n fibre, meat etc and following the plan 100% so why am I feeling and looking like I'm 6 months pregnant?
Anyone else struggling or has any suggestions?

Try the 12 speed soup - not tried it myself but apparently it's been nicknamed "Dynorod soup" on another forum, LOL!

Recipe posted earlier this year:

12 Speed Soup,
1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red & yellow pepper
2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)
Chop and put all vegetables in panAdd all other ingredients
Cover with water bring to boil and simmer until soft
Can be lquidised or left chunky it is up to you.
Add curry powder for a lovely vegetable curry.

Denise

Had this too, like others have said drink plenty of water and let your body catch up with your new regime :)

Need to make sure you are drinking plenty of water to flush through the fibre through your system. Also are you taking an medication like Co-codomol as that makes me terribly constipated. Keep with it though and def try the Dynorod Soup LOL!

I find a couple of red days REALLY clear out the bloated feeling (and any constipation!)

Personally I get very bloated from pasta, which I eat a lot of on ee/green days. If you do too then perhaps try cutting it down a bit and see if that helps. Water is definitely good!

I usually have no added sugar squash as that way I actually drink it!

I've been doing SW extra easy now for a week and a half I'm eating tons of fruit n veg, fruit n fibre, meat etc and following the plan 100% so why am I feeling and looking like I'm 6 months pregnant?
Anyone else struggling or has any suggestions?

Hi this is perfectly normal at the beginning of the plan and a common complaint, along with enough wind to fly a kite from the posts I've read here!!

Just carry on as you are doing. If you are eating lots of fruit and veg that should be enough fibre to 'make you go'. Your body is adjusting to the changes you've made and will settle down soon.

I find fruit teas with ginger, mint or fennel ease a bloated stomach. Sometimes it's a taste you have to acquire and I can only drink them sweetened, but it's worth a try.

Im the same...senokot is my life savour! I just take it once a week to keep things moving....cant live without it lol x

Ahhh thanks for all the replies they are all fab! I'm drinking loads I've started eating fruit n fibre as my HEx and it seems to be helping so far.
Might give that dynorod soup a go too though xx

Scan bran :)

you need LOADS of water with scanbran though otherwise you'll be SUPER constipated! I quite like the stuff especially beaten into dust then mixed with a mullerlight, some milk left overnight then topped with fruit for breakkie yum yum

Back