Constipation from scan bran

chiefbridesmaid

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I decided to do the scan bran challenge last week.. I really wanted to boost my weight loss as its my birthday tomorrow and wanted to look amazing in my dress and I'm only 4.5lbs away from target!

So scan bran did the opposite with me! I had it for 5 days & couldn't go to the toilet so i stopped it..Now 9 days later and I still can't go & look pregnant & can't even fit into my amazing size 12 dress I got for tomorrow :(

I sts at weighin last week.. I'm drinking 4-5 litres water a day.. Success express for 5 days.. Laxative tea.. And still nothing! I'm literally at my wits end and I just feel like my whole birthday weekend has been ruined because I'm so self conscious and don't feel fabulous like I thought I would :(

Anyone any suggestions please, it's too late to help for my birthday but maybe just to help me over the weekend or next week because I'm just on agony at this stage :(

Or Senakot, I find that always works.

Have a lovely weekend & I hope you get some 'movement' soon.

I find exercise can help get things moving!

I think the bl**dy scan bran "challenge" should be banned!! You never hear of a Ryvita Challenge, it's pretty much the same thing - eat 4 ryvita a day as a B choice and your losses will be brilliant..... Just imagine an SW consultant trying to push this one!

It makes me cross, I've seen this sort of post a few times and it's just not right, that much fibre messes peoples bodies up as unless you drink lots and lots and lots of water every day, it just can't cope with it.

I hope you get sorted soon hun, you'd have looked stunning in your dress without the scan bran challenge. These things work for me, with varying degrees of success - a hot cup of tea, hot water and lemon or a run.

I am 100% feeling your pain, I have been bloating out further each day since last weekend and right now I'm sat at my desk in AGONY! I even took double dosage of constipation tablets last night which usually work a treat but not today! I think I caused mine by doing only red days this week and loads of alpen light bars, oops!

Ok this much fibre is the equivalent of flushing or attempting to flush cardboard down the loo!!

Lots and lots of water, then you want a laxative that works by stimulating the muscle (not one that bulks the stool, ask your pharmacist) as its been so long you may need to triple your dose, again get advice from the pharmacy (ask for a private consultation, they'll take you to a side room).

Exercise that works your core will help too.

Good luck x

You can get a suppository which will soften things up from below too ( not sure if available without prescription but worth asking) Also I would suggest massaging your tummy, using any oil you have at hand, using small circle movements following the direction of the digestive tract. IIRC from right to left accross the top of your torso then down the left hand side ( but lease check online to be sure, I used to do this for my son when he was a toddler) I used to sometimes give him dark brown sugar in warm water, you would have to syn it but it may help.

I find really strong coffee gets me moving! When I was younger I wouldn't go the toilet in public places as I have a fear of locking doors! (ingot locked in the bathroom at my granddad house when I was younger and err since have never lock a bathroom door since! Even at my granddad house I go round telling everyone "I'm just going the toilet" lol ) and coz I went to a boarding school I would go for weeks and weeks and now have done myself serious damage and my muscles and bowel doesn't work properly and still now of I don't take anything I could probably go a month or two with out going! Anyway i hoped you have been by now :) xx

I think the bl**dy scan bran "challenge" should be banned!! You never hear of a Ryvita Challenge, it's pretty much the same thing - eat 4 ryvita a day as a B choice and your losses will be brilliant..... Just imagine an SW consultant trying to push this one!

It makes me cross, I've seen this sort of post a few times and it's just not right, that much fibre messes peoples bodies up as unless you drink lots and lots and lots of water every day, it just can't cope with it.

I can't help but agree, i was going to try it but 2.5 scan brans (love me some scan bran cake but i can't eat 5 in one cake) on 3 consecutive days made me ill, so i didn't do the challenge, i dread to think what i would have been like, no wonder it makes people lose weight, your butt is attached to the bog seat most of the time i bet.

The scan bran challenge has never bothered my insides too much, lol, but then I do eat a bran cereal most mornings so I think body is quite used to fibre!

I do a scan bran week every now an again and it's never bothered me? I think it's better if you halve the hex tho!! Coz five of the blighted is a LOT of bran to chomp down. I do 2.5 in a cake fir breakfast and a Hifi in the evening usually.

I know this thread is a few months old now but I am having the same problem! I don't have great bowels anyway and can be a couple of days without 'movement' lol but I thought scan bran might help with that. I had 2 on Thursday and 5 yesterday as my HEX B and man do I feel bloated and disgusting! I'm just going to drink loads of fluids today, take a laxative and pray! X

I know this is an old thread, but I'm suffering the same problem. I'm so uncomfortable and bloated. Feeling bleurgh. Still following slimming world but feel rough. I have a referral to the hospital now. Just waiting for the letter.
I am drinking 2 litres of water per day and lots of free food. Blooming scan bran started this.

Tierney

Last edited:
Back