Attack Constipation

jan9209

Silver Member
Hi all hate to use the word but :( I have ibs so not going for a few days is creeping me out and bagging me up . I had dioreah (Cant spell) onday one but nothing since. I drink loads of water.... What do you guys use to help and how often? Is a salt water flush any good? Stolen from the maple syrup diet that I had no guts to try :() haha please help any daft seeming ideas welcome!!
Jan x

dr d says mineral water is good, I add 1tbspoon of flax seed to my gallette or mixed with my oatbran in recipes seems to work for me . i don't know if it is allowed but it does not affect my weight loss

Thanks Eileen I drink bottled water every day loads of cant understand it don't want to weigh myself tomorrow with ahem....excess rubbish hanging in for dear life lol :) x

Try a glass of very cold water followed by a cup of strong coffee (expresso strength). It's the magnesium content in the bottled water that helps you go (for ex Dr D suggests Hépar which has 119 magnesium/litre) as well as the actual liquid (I drink far more than the 1.5 litres he recommends).

although they say avoid laxatives if your in pain i can't see they would do any harm once but would not use them regularly. i like laura drink far more water than it says 21/2 to 3 litres some days , i keep a glass filled up constantly and just sip at it all day as well as at least 4 to 5 cups of tea. i just drink tap water

Rhubard helps for a lot of the Dukeneers, aloe vera juice is also recommended but I'm still looking for my magic solution :-(

Thanks everyone for your tips.... Although I must have moaned all day and annoyed it as its seems to have now went the other way!! Haha well I did want it! Sort of! X

Back