Contraceptive Choices

I'm getting desperate too find a good babybanisher too lol never tried the pill as I'm ridiculously forgetful and I'd just end up pregnant immediately (also apparently ludicrously fertile! Husband only has to walk past the bedroom door and I catch!)

I had the implant for 7 yrs but never again!! My periods were a nightmare and I gained weight. I was stroppy moody tearful and generally miserable but that could have been the three young children!! (3 in 3 years....condoms were such a bad idea!!) now I have a coil but I hate that even more!! My weight gain stopped an my mood is much improved but again that did sort of coincide with the youngest starting school haha. But now my periods are regular as clockwork but horribly horribly heavy. I've had bouts of anemia which I'm sure is down to the heaviness each month! They last for 8 days every 28 days. Cant swim or use the gym for that whole time and some months I have to buy maternity towels! Tampax are no good they just can't cope with the job lol

Anyway I don't want to be sterilised if possible as I'm only 30 and I may want another child in the future and with three youngish kids one with special needs I simply can't be out of action for even a few days! Think I need to put up with my coil for a bit longer then when I've come to terms with never having another baby send the husband off to get done!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

u poor thing couldnt imagine having to go through that each month ive been sterilized but 40 and deffo didnt want any more kids and it doesnt stop yr periods being heavy either :( .
i would give the pill a try even if u have to set an alarm of some kind to remind yourself to take it (thats wot i used to do) it made my periods a lot lighter and shorter and no more pain x:wave_cry:

Maybe your right! I am a grown woman now so really I should be able to remember a little pill!! But ye gods....pregant again?? Terrifying lol wonder if I can keep my non hormonal coil but take the pill purely for help with the periods?? Oooh an my skin!! Im so prone to acne its horrible!! Would it work? Think I need to toddle off to the docs again!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im on the implant, for 10 monthes i had no period at all (Yay). however twice in 2 weeks ive had a perdion, each one lasting about 4 days, and giving me agonising stomach pains, dizziness and constant sickly feelings. they are also very very heavy :( the pains got that bad ive passed out from it, even with taking cocodamols!
is this normal? or could have somehow knocked the implant out of place?

i had to implant to stop me getting these strong symptoms as they were hell to put up with, it was that bad id be in tears of pain and couldnt even go to work. i dont get the pains often now, only when im on, and thats just random times now.... not regular at all

Back