Contraceptive implant and Slimming World

jodidi

Silver Member
Has any one had the implanon implant while doing a diet, SW specifically and has it slowed your weight loss down? Has anyone had the implant out during the same diet and its speeded up their weight loss?

cant offer any advice but will be interested to see your replies. I currently have the depo injections and am convinced that it has slowed my weight loss and caused major mood swings (great help if you are a comfort eater !!) so am about to change to another method, am considering the implant!

I cant offer you any advise on this personally.. but i am also on the depo.. but was on the depo before i started sw.. so i dont know if it would have made any difference?? i hope that it isnt slowing things down for me in any way??!! x

Ive had the depo and I put on a ton of weight. I would never have it again. If you search depo injection on the net you will find lots of women have put on weight with it. I'm having my implant out on wednesday and am hoping to see a difference.

Has any one had the implanon implant while doing a diet, SW specifically and has it slowed your weight loss down? Has anyone had the implant out during the same diet and its speeded up their weight loss?

Hello Jodidi,

I have implanon, I have had it for over a year now and I don't think it has made much difference to my weight loss. I put on weight when I was on the oral pill, I stopped taking it and switched to implanon because it is progestin only, it helps slightly with my migraines, which I suffer from monthly.

I follow the Cambridge Diet. After two weeks on the diet, I lost 15.4lbs (7kg) which was about right so my diet counsellor told me, I am doing the Sole Source program. I usually lose between 4.4lbs - 6.6lbs ( 2 - 3kgs) a week if I follow it religously.

I drink so much water that I spend most of my days in the bathroom, my manager jokes that she should move my desk in there, she is on the same diet as me though so it is nice to have someone at work who understands.
:bliss:

I've had the Implanon implant since late August 2008 and although I wasn't on SW at the time, I didn't gain more than 4 lbs (at the absolute most) between then and January 2009 when I started SW. Since then, I've lost about a stone, but I eat way more than 110 syns a week and am a slow loser anyway!

It's not for everyone though as some people's bodies just don't get on with it (not just talking about weight here) but I've been fine. Give it a go and if it doesn't work well for you, the active ingredient is out of your system almost as soon as the implant has been removed.

Ive had this one in for 7 month and ive had 2 previously. ive found that since I had my little boy my body has reacted differently to stuff. when I first had the depo many moons ago i put on weight but had no other side effects. Then I had it just after I had my little boy and I had a terrible time with it and after I stopped it, it took ages to get back to anything like normal. Then I had this implant again.

The Implant doesn't slow or increase metabolism, it actually just increases appetite, as do most progesterone based hormones; hence why people say they've put on weight (when they've actually been eating more lol)

The best thing you can do is just keep eating when hungry the superfree and free foods!

Hiya i had the implanon in and lost 22lbs on ww. It wasnt a fast or slow weight loss. just steady and i was going to the gym 5 times a week.

Back