CONVERTING!

Hi there!

I am currently on Slimming World and have lost weight well - but am struggling with how much it costs each week (with the classes, the bars and the amounts of fresh food and variation needed each day for three meals!!). I am a Mum of 5 and it's hard to justify strawberries and special stuff just for me, because you just can't afford to feed the whole family that sort of thing every meal, every day!

I have used Slim Fast before and done well on it - but even that's gone up in price since I last did it. I have noticed the Asda's own shakes though and they are really reasonably priced.

I just came on here to see if anyone has tried them and it looks like they're good value and they work so I shall be trying them from Tuesday when I next do my shopping.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am impressed with the weight loss on this forum too. Keep up the good work, and here's hoping I join in with good weight loss myself :D

Anita xx

Hellloo Well done with your weight loss so far! I haven't tried Asda's shakes as i'm waiting to use up the slimfast ones i've got but i tried their meal replacement bars yesterday and they are very nice :)

Good Luck!

Hi Anita :) I don't have an ASDA near me, but I have the Tesco Ultra Slim shakes sometimes, as they're cheaper than Slim Fast too. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum :)

Hi Anita
Welcome to u n good luck in yr further weight loss.
I also have not yet tried Asda but I hope to at some point but I just love the Ultra Slim Tesco range the choc shake powder is gorge x n reasonably priced as ppl have said, also the bars taste the same as SF's own!
Good luck
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for your replies and welcomes!!

I went to shop at Asda and found that the ready-made shakes (measure up) were about 65p cheaper than the slimfast ones - but the actual Slimfast powders were the same price as the measure up powder and had three more helpings in each tin!!! So I got some of the measure-up ready shakes and two tins of Slimfast.

We'll see how I get on when I weight myself on Monday!!!!

Good luck for your weigh in! I also weigh in on Mondays :) Let us know how you get on! :D

lifeizsweet said:
I am switching my weigh in's till monday! - shall we start a weigh in thread for us all?

Yes defo, first one to next weigh should start dya think? X

lifeizsweet said:
Yeah sounds good to me!!

Have put a weigh in thread for ppl to start hope u don't mind hunx

Cool x Me too deep joy lolz x

Hi, I have been doing this one too the strawberry and yogurt meal bars are nicer than choc and toffee i think and the snack bars are like milky ways always a pleasant treat. I have only got the chocolate ready made shakes am planning on trying the others next shop I have worked out that two boxes of meal bars (6 in total) with 8 ready mades comes to £12 the snack bars are 45p each which I am not sure how that compares to slimfast I didnt even look if I am honest I saw it and thought "brilliant" lol

That's good value am thinking of going to Asda to try there stuff! It's good value like tesco. SF bars @ £5 for 4 bars n the snack bars r 55/60pence.

Good luck on it love
X

Back