Cook yourself thin. On now Channel 4

KD

Gone fishing
Could be good.

Will also be testing diet products. (to disprove their worth I think:D)

Thought that was good.

Loved the experiment with the Weight Loss Now CD. Those on the fake product did better!

Wonder if you can buy a fake one anywhere :D

Interesting to see how they work out the calories in things.:cool:

I like the idea of teaching people that you can cook healthier and have lower calories and lower fat food by being more creative and thinking it through, I always use oats when I do a crumble like they did and also do more fruit than crumble and things like that are great.

Not sure that the lady who lost 9 pounds would have dropped from a 16 to a 12 in size with that much room in her jeans she showed!! She only lost just over half a stone but pulled out her jeans like she had lost 3 stone!

Mike

:D See we have 3 threads for this programme now. Interesting to hear people's perspectives on it according to the diet (or non diet!) they are doing at present:cool: IYKWIM:confused:

Not sure that the lady who lost 9 pounds would have dropped from a 16 to a 12 in size with that much room in her jeans she showed!! She only lost just over half a stone but pulled out her jeans like she had lost 3 stone!

Mike

I said the same to DH. . She couldn't have possibly gone down 3 dress sizes with a 9lbs loss...surely:confused:

Ruddy missed it!!! :mad: Will have to put it into my planner fornext week - any ideas whether it's repeated??

No repeats showing on Tivo :(

I also watched it with interest and though loved the lighter recipes, I wondered about the lady's 9lb loss and dramatic change in shape! The only way she could have changed her shape so dramatically would have been with a personal trainer at the gym 4 or 5 times a week. And they didn't mention that at all. Her arms looked really lean in the end and they couldn't have changed so much with weight loss alone. It's a shame they didn't add that in and show us how the combination of fewer calories and exercise = better shape - when you haven't that much to lose.

It'll be interesting to see what they target next week...

The recipes bit was good but was I the only one who wanted to poke those annoying chef women's eyes out?! Quite possible... think its rebellion against my parents attempts to refine me in posh school!

Just watched this programme after hearing all the hype about it. Have to say I'm not all that impressed. It's like a cooking fashion show with all the posing and headshots of the girls laughing and swinging their hair over all the food. I might sound harsh, but I think I'd probably enjoy this programme more if I were a male FHM reader! ;)

I have to admit the lemon & almond cake they made tonight did sound good, but I wouldn't say their recipes are amazingly low-fat. The cake in particular was make using fructose instead of sugar (although it's the same WW points for either), and dusted with a load of icing sugar at the end (which I notice isn't listed in the recipe). And if you want to access any of their recipes on their own website, you have to pay! (you can access some of them on the Channel Four mini site though).

If any WW-followers are interested, I've pointed up the CYT Lemon Cake and will post it on the WW board. I'm off to eat some dust now :D

Back