cooking for maintenance.

size10bikini

Silver Member
Hi maintainers and tfrers, I'm joining you soon, have 12 days to go. I'm so excited about my first maintenance and am planning to generally healthy eat, portion size control and if eat treats, wine cut back the next day. So I am going to cook mini freezer meals for me to support my daily cooking. I have just made 4 portions of lentil curry, am going to make lentil soup, butternut squash soup, veg soup. quorn bolognese portions. Veg curry. Anyone got any other ideas? I have lots of freezer containers and space. Advice oh wise ones...xx

Gee, you have it about covered with that lot. Apart from what you have I'd maybe make a turkey curry and keep it in the freeer too.
I now find as I use beans etc that as long as I have a couple of tins of cannelini or mixed beans in the cupboard I can rustle up something pretty quickly.
I find it handy to keep a couple of cooked portions of quinoa in the fridge which can then be tossed into a quick stiry fry with veg on it own or mybe with some smoked salmon or prawns.
I keep plenty of salad items in the fridge too as a bit of salad with a main course can make it feel more filling.

Thanks. Will definately try the quinoa it sounds very healthy. I'm not vegetarian but do like veg foods. Thought of a turkey casserole too. x

Tell ya what i love ..... dice up a couple of chicken breasts, cook em off in a non stick pan with some onion. Steam some veg (my fave is brocolli, cauliflower & carrots). Once the chicken and onions are cooked add in a jar of sauce - something like tomatoe & herb then add in the vegetables. Its filling enough to be a meal on its own :)

yum sounds very simple. I do have to make big changes to my eating as I would have potatoes or rice with that dish. Its like it has to have a carb element. But after tfr and not eating much at all I can see how I can live on smaller portions and less carb. Doing that bolognese in a minute for kids tea and will save some for my freezer stash. Wholemeal all the way now anyway. Though luckily kids and hubby don't mind wholemeal pasta and bread. Thanks for your reply. x

Hi s10b :)

Good for you being so organised :D. I bet you're really looking forward to eating again. Best of luck with it and make sure you stick around won't you! xx

Hi Jan, thanks for the post. I did my first refeed day today and loved it but have felt hungry tonight, just had a coffee which helped. I have a post going in refeed, this week should be fine but I am worried about maintenance... and being let loose on food lol. x

Glad you enjoyed :D .... It's not a bad thing to have a healthy respect for food and not just think 'I've cracked it' - that's where people can come unstuck. I think you've got the right idea. xx

Back