cooking on AAMW

Dinosaur

Can I add fresh ginger, fresh chilli and fresh coriander (as oppossed to dry powdered stuff) to my chicken and green veg?

I'm in the mood for Thai food tonight!:p

Ah that's a tricky one.
The fresh corianer is fine.
I think that chili powder is Ok ,so assume that a small bit of fresh can't be too bad. (sweet pepper ie capsicum is not allowed as it has a lot of natural sugar)
The ginger is more tricky. I can't find a refernce on line for either stem or root ginger. However you don't say if you're going to eat it or just use it to flavour & them remove it. (goes without saying that ginger in syrup is forbidden)

sorry i can't help more. my instinct is to make the thai curry ,enjoy it, then test your wee with ketostix in the morning to make sure it was all ok.

Thanks Julie!

I tend to eat around the ginger so it is just for flavouring, so will hopefuly be fine.

I don't have any Ketostix, but I guess I'll know if I'm in Ketosis by if I feel hungry. Either way, I'll be ticking to everything else so I'm sure if I do go out it'll only be for a short time.

I'll try my psuedo Thai recipe tonight:p

If you are only on one meal a day and avoiding bread, rice and potatoes - you'll find it hard to come out ketosis by accident.

I'm doing my own thing as opposed to a ss diet. One decent pretty low carb meal a day with plenty fo greens and I've stayed in ketosis for coming up 3 months !

Back