cooking on AAMW

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dinosaur, 18 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Can I add fresh ginger, fresh chilli and fresh coriander (as oppossed to dry powdered stuff) to my chicken and green veg?

I'm in the mood for Thai food tonight!:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    Ah that's a tricky one.
    The fresh corianer is fine.
    I think that chili powder is Ok ,so assume that a small bit of fresh can't be too bad. (sweet pepper ie capsicum is not allowed as it has a lot of natural sugar)
    The ginger is more tricky. I can't find a refernce on line for either stem or root ginger. However you don't say if you're going to eat it or just use it to flavour & them remove it. (goes without saying that ginger in syrup is forbidden)

sorry i can't help more. my instinct is to make the thai curry ,enjoy it, then test your wee with ketostix in the morning to make sure it was all ok.

4. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Thanks Julie!

I tend to eat around the ginger so it is just for flavouring, so will hopefuly be fine.

I don't have any Ketostix, but I guess I'll know if I'm in Ketosis by if I feel hungry. Either way, I'll be ticking to everything else so I'm sure if I do go out it'll only be for a short time.

I'll try my psuedo Thai recipe tonight:p

5. sarahloveswelshcobs

sarahloveswelshcobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    low carb, low fat
    If you are only on one meal a day and avoiding bread, rice and potatoes - you'll find it hard to come out ketosis by accident.

I'm doing my own thing as opposed to a ss diet. One decent pretty low carb meal a day with plenty fo greens and I've stayed in ketosis for coming up 3 months !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.