Cooking SW chips from frozen?

I used the bag of fresh chips adds do in their fresh food aisle, no peeling and chopping and only £1. Excellent value and fed 4 of us. Sw chips were lovely.

What a great idea. Never thought to freeze them :)

It is ok to par boil the potatos and freeze them, this is exactly what frozen chips are from the supermarket apart from having oil added to them prior to freezing :)

I don't think so I think they are just fresh cut potatoes. I must check the next time I buy them.

Ive never known any frozen chips to not have oil on :(

These aren't frozen chips... These are fresh potatoes peeled and cut into chips. You buy them in asda fresh food ailse... They sit beside all the stir fry veggies.

Is it these? Im not sure cos it says in the small print "lightly battered for extra crispness". If so they're 17 syns a pack which does seem so much I cant imagine its what youve got. :confused:

The only ones I can see without oil in are these which arent chips. Basically they usually put oil even in the fresh stuff to stop it sticking together, same as packs of noodles, rice etc, and if oil is anywhere in the ingredients its almost definitely going to have syns in it. :(

I can't see what it is your showing me because im on the app on my phone but I will look when I get home from work. But these are like the washed and peeled Maris piper potatoes you get in asda bit only they've been chipped. I'll have to go buy a bag and put a pic on to show.

I think I've seen the ones you mean but would be surprised if they didn't sneak in a little oil!! I'm using the iphone app aswell & if you click on the words that Ermintrude has put in, it will bring up the pic:)

I always make my chips in big batches and freeze, I just parboil them, let them cool down and then spread them out on a piece of baking paper, add that carefully to the bottom drawer of freezer and once frozen transfer the chips to a ziplock freezer bag in handy portion sizes.

You can even add your seasoning before freezing if you wish.

I always make my chips in big batches and freeze, I just parboil them, let them cool down and then spread them out on a piece of baking paper, add that carefully to the bottom drawer of freezer and once frozen transfer the chips to a ziplock freezer bag in handy portion sizes.

You can even add your seasoning before freezing if you wish.

Do u just put these straight into the oven from frozen?xx

I just used up the last of my first bag of homemade frozen SW chips.

This is such a brilliant idea prepping a big batch up to the parboiled stage and then bulk freezing. They cook from frozen perfectly and I'm enjoying them more often because I don't have to allow the extra time to make them first :eating:

Great idea will be doing this will save so much time and great for when I get back in from work or college and I want something quick thanks for the idea x

I have a batch of par boiled spuds never thought of chipping them. Genius!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

i dont ever par boil just cook from raw with frylite salt and pepper same with my wedges too i have one of those non stick mesh grid thingys that i bought from instore fab

Can't believe I didn't consider this before! Would save so much time if I just set aside a while to prepare a big batch! Thanks for the great idea :) It will be nice when I can make some SW chips quickly when I need them without all the hassle ;)

Back