Cooking sw for all the family??

I think with kids they copy their friends from school a lot! So if their mate says they don't like carrots, they will decide they don't have to eat them either lol plus they go through phases. I was always brought up on veg as my grandad had an allotment I used to love Sunday dinners.

I can't really give any more recipes than what's already been said on here, some fab ideas! One thing I can say though is the quorn chicken nuggets are only 1/2 syn each and they taste amazing, the kids won't even know they're vegetarian :) so chicken nuggets chips and beans can be on the cards!

Its so much easier when everyone in the house eats the same things.

You could always do a meal planner and every family member picks a meal they love .... Even burger and chips can be slimming worldified that way once a week everyone really really enjoys a meal most things can have a sw version pies quiches etc all can be modified

Thanks cat, I do meal plans already but that's a good idea about asking about fab meals.
I have so many sw cookbooks you'd think I would easily be able to choose meals !!!

Rochelle1 said:
I think with kids they copy their friends from school a lot! So if their mate says they don't like carrots, they will decide they don't have to eat them either lol plus they go through phases. I was always brought up on veg as my grandad had an allotment I used to love Sunday dinners.

I can't really give any more recipes than what's already been said on here, some fab ideas! One thing I can say though is the quorn chicken nuggets are only 1/2 syn each and they taste amazing, the kids won't even know they're vegetarian :) so chicken nuggets chips and beans can be on the cards!

Its so much easier when everyone in the house eats the same things.

Rochelle you are definatly right about kids copying their friends, I don't think it's cool for kids to like veggies once they hit a certain age lol !!!

having got back onto plan over the past few weeks we have had

Sunday roast
chicken and chips and mushypeas (I measured my meat for a green day)
jacket pots, beans and cheese
tuna pasta
toad in hole using Tesco Cumberland
PhilI pasta and homemade garlic bread
meatballs and spaghetti

simple easy meals for all the family and if like me on a budget I freeze extras like today we had roast pork so I made a red day pot with veggies,pork and extra easy day one with potatoes and parsnips with what was left (which before I may have eaten or thrown away !!!

I used to have fussy son who didn't like things mixing but now he loves casseroles, chilli but always made something very similar! both my kids don't like beans so they have hoops!!

good luck xxx

Thank you some good ideas there too, yes I am on a budget as well and always freeze left overs.
Yesterday I made sw carbonara and they all ate it except the five yr old who had dry pasta a boiled egg, ham and salad !!!

i had a potato curry for lunch today it was awesome used my hex b for olive oil as curry tastes waaaaay better if the spices are cooked out in oil first

cat yoyo greaves said:
i had a potato curry for lunch today it was awesome used my hex b for olive oil as curry tastes waaaaay better if the spices are cooked out in oil first

Cat I love curry, and did make one the other night, very yummy :)
Have also made carbonara this week that was a success, last night was burgers and tonight is BBQ meatball pasta bake :)

What is every one else having ?

I have a 15 year old and a 12 year old. Quite often they'll be munching away without the vaguest idea that they're eating a SW recipe. Smash KFC chicken was so popular that they ate all my leftovers that I'd planned to have the next day!

They have also started eating my SW puddings - I think I need to write a threatening post-it note to stop them!

I received the Hairy Biker's diet cookbook for Christmas and I have to say that it is excellent for family meals. There's a bit of working out to do to get the correct syn values, and there are a few fairly obvious tweaks (reducing oil, using FF natural yoghurt instead of LF for example) but they usually end up being very low, and calorie-wise the recipes are excellent. So far we've had the Masala marinated chicken (BBC - Food - Recipes : Masala-marinated chicken with minted yoghurt sauce), italian meatballs with spaghetti, lamb and spinach curry and chicken jalfrezi. There are lots of recipes for hot-pot and cottage pie and other really family friendly recipes.

(You can find a few of the recipes online - but I would say that the book is well worth getting)

SallyVater said:
I have a 15 year old and a 12 year old. Quite often they'll be munching away without the vaguest idea that they're eating a SW recipe. Smash KFC chicken was so popular that they ate all my leftovers that I'd planned to have the next day!

They have also started eating my SW puddings - I think I need to write a threatening post-it note to stop them!

I received the Hairy Biker's diet cookbook for Christmas and I have to say that it is excellent for family meals. There's a bit of working out to do to get the correct syn values, and there are a few fairly obvious tweaks (reducing oil, using FF natural yoghurt instead of LF for example) but they usually end up being very low, and calorie-wise the recipes are excellent. So far we've had the Masala marinated chicken (BBC - Food - Recipes : Masala-marinated chicken with minted yoghurt sauce), italian meatballs with spaghetti, lamb and spinach curry and chicken jalfrezi. There are lots of recipes for hot-pot and cottage pie and other really family friendly recipes.

(You can find a few of the recipes online - but I would say that the book is well worth getting)

Thanks Sally,I was hoping for that book from Santa but I think he forgot lol !!!!
They do sound like good recipes though :)

this is a really good post.. as me and hubs are starting following the plan on monday,,i want to prepare as well as i can so that us two plus our two boys are all eating the same meals and im not making loads of meals...
just going to write a list of meals that we can all have so when we go shopping over the weekend we have everything we need

My masala chicken is in the fridge as we speak hope it's as good as the hairy bikers one looked :) having it tomorrow night

My Hubs is doing SW by default - he gets the same thing I'm feeding myself. When I did SW 3 years ago, he lost more than I did!! I did 4.5st and he was nearer 5!

Back