Cooking Veg

Hi BL, I think it's week 4 that you can cook your veg, it is definitely not this week (sadly!!) and I believe it is the smallest tin, but they say you should use your common sense (not the best option for me!!!:eek:)

Yeah I'm pretty sure also we can't cook the veg yet as it says "you can now cook your vegetables". It limits it really for me as I really don't fancy raw cauliflower! Looking forward to sugar free jelly though. HEAVEN!!

Just out of interest, when I started the RTM before my holiday I read somewhere the weight that your fish should be. I can't find it this time for looking. What should my fish/chicken weigh? I'm frightened I'm overdoing it! x

I need to know to Kaalin, and other measures and portions, etc. Is it in the book?

Using common sense at the moment, and due to neck no apetite anyway but need to know to be sure. Have not had luck reading, as meds make me woozy. Gonna try and get thru some of it this week.

I thinkk, and could be wrong, but cooked veg produce more sugar, or converts to more sugar or something like that?

I could be wrong. Its not because its easier on your stomach as cooked are easier then raw...so it must be something that changed when cooked that affects ketosis.

??

:) Just a guess.

Is that of fish/protein? All types?

Hi BL,

I am not sure now. What I did was use a calorie counter (nutracheck)
There is a thread somewhere that Ali posted about calories per week.
Week one 600 week two 700 etc etc goes up by 200 cals a week after week 8 or 9. I found it a complete life saver and then you can also see what the right size is too eat. I was exceptionally anal in the first 8 weeks everything that went in my mouth got weighed and the calories noted in my food diary. I appreciate its not for everyone but it kept and still keeps me on track. Remember basting sauces and salad dressing have calories too.

Hope this helps.

Below is copied and pasted from Ali's thread.

Week 1 add 100 = 600 per day
Week 2 add 100 = 700 per day
Week 3 add 100 = 800 per day
Week 4 add 100 = 900 per day
Week 5 add 100 = 1000 per day
Week 6 add 100 = 1100 per day
Week 7 add 100 = 1200 per day
Week 8 add 150 = 1350 per day
Week 9 add 150 = 1500 per day
Week 10 add 150 = 1650 per day
Week 11 add 150 = 1800 per day
Week 12 add 200 = 2000 per day

You're doing well! Can't wait for you to join us!!

BL - that sounds dead nice. I haven't looked at that book actually. It was given to me last time and I'd forgotten about it until you just reminded me. I'm off now to have a look..sounds like Tzatsiki yum!! Thanks for the inspiration :) xx

hehe - you'd be welcome anytime LS. As long as you give me a month notice to tidy up!!! :rotflmao: :D

Kaalin, the dip is nice - I have not really done anything to experimental. I must say - I am finding it an interesting experience - this re-feeding. I expected with the first taste of food I'd have to be restrained!! :D But to be honest - I am in a way findng it a nuisance!! LOL I mean, now you have to plan, cook, clean, dishes, etc., where as 2 minutes - boom! Your shake is done. 1 minute - bang! Your dishes are clean! Done. :D

I've gotten lazy about cooking I think!! :D

But such a relief that it did not open flod gates making me want to taste everything I have missed.

Are you finding it like that Kaalin or Bex? I just wonder if its because I have been feeling so poorly and if the next weeks are going to be more difficult, as I anticipated - or if maybe I have lost that love - that bind I had with food? Too soon to say, and I do not want to be oever confidant, so will wait for the first hiccup to see how I deal with it - but so far - I feel, dare I say it - normal! :D

How are you finding it ladies? You doing OK out there Bex?

xx

Hi BL. I have to admit, I've found things that I used to dislike really tasty and my shakes are losing their appeal slowly. The bars aren't though :D I'm almost scared to get rid of the foodpacks, I think they're how a security blanket must be to a child!

I do know what you mean regarding the planning, although at the moment it is quite exciting and I'm enjoying eating with the family. My children keep forgetting to set me a knife and fork at the table when they do it! Today I had a bit of a spanner in the works. A lovely lady (she's like the mum of the group) from my course decided to cook us lunch at hers. She was completely understanding when I said I'd have my shake...however, when we arrived she had made nothing short of a feast! Most importantly she had made a beautiful salad and as there were some chicken legs, I decided to take part trimming the fat off. I was very tempted by the feta and tomatoes but I really want to stick to the plan and so my conscience would not let me. Even when offer a mullerlight yoghurt for dessert I didn't give in to temptation! Roll on week 3...

Anyway, although I was tempted...I did it and most importantly, I enjoyed eating with my colleagues for a change!

BL, I think u might find that you have lost that bind and you are doing great especially when not feeling well. If you suffered the pain you are currently before, would you have turned to or away from food? I'm guessing that you'd have turned to it so there is the difference in your thinking! That break from food is, in my case anyway, one of the most successful bits of LL! :)

Back