Cooking with Frozen Vegetables

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by iamdetermined, 15 May 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. iamdetermined

iamdetermined Full Member

Does anyone have any tips on cooking with the likes of frozen mushrooms, onions, peppers etc?

I am finding that they are making dishes very watery and i wondered if there is any techniques in using them more constructivley?

Thanks All xxxxx

XOXO

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there

I use frozen peppers and mushrooms for some things and find that defrosting them 1st(I throw them in a sieve and run under hot water) and then squeezing them out gets the best results. We actually prefer frozen mushrooms to fresh now:D

lemon_fizz likes this.
  4. jeffreysdriver

jeffreysdriver Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    yeah i'd always thaw them out too. I put loads of frozen sweetcorn into my pasta n sauces and it always made them really watery until i started defrosting the sweetcorn!

lemon_fizz likes this.
  5. miffypie

miffypie Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.16%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I cook stirfry and fried rice and stuff using frozen veg, just whack em in straight from the freezer and fry on a high heat and all the water evaporates off. I guess it depends what dish you're making, if I was adding them to a pasta and sauce, I'd steam them in the microwave and then drain them and add them to the pasta.

HTH x

lemon_fizz likes this.
  6. iamdetermined

iamdetermined Full Member

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will let you know how i get on.

xxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.