Cooking without water!?

PinkToaster

Silver Member
Hey all

During some DIY this morning my bf has managed to drill through a water pipe. Only shaved the pipe as it turns out so a tiny hole, fixable, but that leaves us with the water turned off for the foreseeable future!

Any green day lunch ideas that don't involve water? All I can think of are things that need boiling :S

Have you looked through the Lunches idea in the recipe section or the 'whats for lunch' thread

Also if you do a search for 'lunch' in the SW section theres something like 270 threads come up Im sure some of them would have ideas

omlette...
Pitta and salad

Baked Potato?
Potato Wedges?

Get a big 5 litre bottle of water from the corner shop, or a bucket and go visit your friendly neighbour :)

Microwave. You can cook vegetables without any water, or just a tiny amount and you could use bottled water for that. And it is much better for you than boiling away all the vitamins. Can't remember the last time I boiled a vegetable, other than potatoes.

Can't you make an emergency repair to the pipe? An old plumbers trick years ago was if a lead pipe started to leak they would tap a matchstick in the hole, the wood would swell and seal the hole!
Nowadays you can get "liquid metal" in a tube and that sets solid.
Worth a try!
Pete

Back