Cop out or am i being sensible?

Thanks CP. I think your right also. I wouldnt be happy to have to continuesly put in more effort to maintain, as what iv been doing has been perfect for me.. iv not found it difficult.

i think im just feeling really undecisive at the mo, all i wanna do is get back to maintaining, i just really wanted to be lower.. but i dont think its gunna be possible?

ahhhh. we'l see. Thanks for your advise guys, i guess iv just gotta figure it out for myself, which i assume il be able to do at some point lol :p

The best thing to do is to try not to stress about it as that won't help.

Fruit has already been pointed out to contain a lot of natural sugars. Any chance you could swap some of your fruit portions to low calorie veggie snacks? A small salad, some home made soup or crudites?

Maybe it's not that you do need to lose more weight. Have you thought about changing your exercise in to ones that tone up all the lumpy bits that are left?

Sorry I'm not much help. I think if you can relax you might find that you lose a bit more without trying. Fingers crossed we're finally out of the cold weather and cravings for stodge! Bring on the salads!

I don't think any of us ever see ourselves the way other people do. I get compliments but I don't feel like I deserve them, even though I'm 1st 7lbs lighter I don't feel it. Other people notice but not me. Could it be that you're looking at yourself too critcally?

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Always remember how far you've come. :)

Hi Fern,
Firstly, you have done incredibly well, so good on you.
From my understanding of what you are saying, you are still uncomfortable with your body shape now?
There is some really good advice for you here, but I do think that Crys (I think - sorry - can't scroll up now!), had a great idea. I know you said that you don't really like exercise, but finding something that you do enjoy could make all the difference.
Aquafit is an excellent idea - I go twice a week and I love it!! I feel like I've had a really good workout afterwards, but don't feel it at the time (if that makes sense!!) - I do throw myself into it though!!! It may be that if you are toning up, you will become much happier with your body shape and weight.
Also, watching portion size is a great idea. As I'm down to the last few pounds, I've really noticed a massive difference in what I can/can't eat.
I'm trying to cut down a little on my fruit intake over the next week as an experiment!!
Sorry for the ramble, but I think that target weight and self-image are often undiscussed subjects and I know that we all still have our personal demons even after lots of weight loss.

Hiya Fern... I've ummed and ahhed at posting on this thread for the last few days, but haven't really known what to write.... But reading CP's reply has really made me think...

When I joined SW, my orginal target was to be a size 10, weight wasn't so much of an issue as I've always been a 'weigh more than I look' kind of person, mainly due to muscle. Anyway, as I approached my first target I decided to lower it because it wasn't going to get me to a size 10, well fair enough - it's hard to judge weight by size. The problem was though, that I didn't stop when I got to a size 10. I was a little more than my target, and really thought about calling target there, but I didn't, because I wanted to prove to myself I could do it - in spite of the fact I already had - I just hadn't got the numbers I thought I needed. So, I get to my weight target, actually 1.5lb below my weight target, but my target was reset to that weight. I then started thinking, well I'm only 4lb off 3stone loss, why don't I make it a round number? That will take me to one stone lower than my original target. I have it fixated in my head that I don't want to go over my target weight, I don't know why, maybe I will feel like I've failed at maintaining? But, what if I decided to go down to the three stone mark... ok, I haven't had any problems dropping the weight so far so I should eb able to get it off relatively easily.... But then what if I don't want to go over the weight of the 3 stone loss? Because would that make me feel like I haven't lost 3 stone? So would I go onto lose a bit more, so i would never go over that mark? That would probably end up taking me into the 8's, and I don't want to go that low. It can really escalate into a problem without realising it....

I'm now down to a size 8-10, I still have bits of my body I don't like to look at, but I don't think that losing any more weight is going to help. I do think i need to start excercising to one things up.

Only you can know what you really want though, and if you will actually will know when to stop. xxx

Back