CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG BUT.........

loughpet

You may have read from my previous posts that I have lost 2stone or so threw ww but gave up recently due to starvation (ha ha) I was just sitting thinking other evening I wonder how many calories a day I was eating a day on ww as was considering doing a calorie counting diet myself (before I read about EE plan ) well anyway according to google search on ww One point is about 50kcals !! I was on 21 points a day so that would be 50X21 = 1050 !! omg if this is right not a bit wonder I was starving on ww all the time !!

Views opinions please all xx

WW not only depends on the calorific value of a food but also the sat fats
so the points value is anything between the 50 you state and 90 so if you eat very little sat fat your 21 points could easily be 1980 then there would be the free food you would have been eating as well

so if you take a middle figure of say 70 calories you would have been eating 1470 then the free food on top - so perhaps more like 15-1600 cals a day
but if you were eating a lot of sat fat they you would have been eating less

Yeah one point is 70 cals and the sat fat is divided by 4 to equal a point value (eg: 2sats=0.5points) :) The cals and sats get worked out separately and added together. I'm so glad we don't have to calorie count on sw too!!! Xx

Oh good God thanks for reminding me why I don't do WW any more!

Me too!

Yip, I agree with you guys - soooooooooo glad Slimming World doesn't rely on calorie counting or working out points - I used to go for a long bath to take my mind off the food or go to bed really early coz I'd used up all my points .......... now if I'm going to bed early it's not got anything to do with feeling hungry .......... hmmm, I won't tell you what hubby just said there! lol

Back