cost of cambridge diet

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by monty, 24 August 2006 Social URL.

1. monty

monty Full Member

Hi

I am starting the cambridge diet on Monday and have bought a week's supply of various things - it seemed to work out at £2.15 an item - is that what other people are paying ?

Also, although my counsellor seemed nice I am not sure that I really clicked with her - I will obviously give her a go over the next few months but was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations for a counsellor based either in central london or in se1

I know that I can go to the cambridge web site and ask them but it is often more useful to get a personal recommendation

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya Monty

As all counsellors are self employed they can in theory charge what they wish.

The recommended retail price from Cambridge for a standard pack is £1.55.

£2.15 an item does sound very high to me and I would question whether this is correct with your counsellor.

Thanks

M.

4. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Not wanting to get into a pricing war here but £2.15? Do check that with your counsellor. It may be their right price and they may have good reason for charging that, but best to check.

5. zareena

zareena Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yeah.. prices do vary!! And I thought my counsellor charged me a lot at £1.80!!

6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Did you get any extras, water flavours or poo powder, or mix a mousse
    That may have bumped the price up?

7. Jelly belly

Jelly belly Member

Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just worked mine out and I pay £1.55 a pack. I have enough for 2 weeks and only get weighed every 2 weeks. Hoping to get some water flavourings and bars next time so that may change the price.

8. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante and exercise
    lol had to laugh at the poo powder - vicky!!

Mine works out as £1.55 per pack too - £2.15 seems really steep. Let us know the outsome :)

9. monty

monty Full Member

Hi everyone - thanks for your various responses - it sort of confirmed what I thought and has rather reinforced my reservations....still

I am starting the diet tomorrow and think that I will just concentrate on getting through the first week!

Thanks again

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Do let us know how it goes Monty, and always worth talking to your CDC about things, including her pricing structure :)

11. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Good Luck Monty, remember we are all here x

12. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Good on yer Monty...keep your "prize" in focus and everything else will sort itself out! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey...:)

13. USA2007

USA2007 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Monty I buy mine every two weeks and I get 56 units of bars, soups and shakes (a mixture of) and a mixer mouse, so 57 units in total for £89.65 which works out at about £1.57 each.

14. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I think my CDC charges around £1.58 (??) per soup/ shake and £2 for tetras/bars....I think the igh charge for tetras & bars is a bit mean but she has a monopoly really here!!

15. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Weekly I pay one set price for 21 meals which include a mixture of shakes, bars, soups and tetra packs for £32. Everything else is at extra cost.

16. Piper

Piper Regular Member

I'm like Jemax - I'm £32.50 whether I have bars, shakes or tetras but pay extra for the mixamousse and water flavourings.

Lynne x

17. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Ditto Piper and Jemax .... £32.50 for the basic 21 meal pack whether they're shakes, soups or bars.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I charge £33 for 21 items of bars, tetra's & pack's.

Counsellors pay more for the bars & tetra's so some CDC's charge more for these.

Other items are priced individually. I have a price list detailing everything & I let all customers know what everything costs.

I think it is important to know how your CDC structures their pricing & it is also important you click with them as they should be part of your journey.

Nicky
    CDC Swindon

20. fingersx

fingersx Full Member

I pay £32 a week for x3 shakes/soups/tetras a day, never bought the bars so not sure how much they are.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.