cost of food

Thank you shezam :) I think I will start one, I have the paper food diary that I have been filling in but on here sounds great especially getting some tips! I had a lovely dinner last night, I have had fruit so far this morning, I am going to have a yoghurt in a minute, it is mullerlight strawberry 165g pot says 99 calories, is that a syn or free? I am on extra easy xx

Thank you shezam :) I think I will start one, I have the paper food diary that I have been filling in but on here sounds great especially getting some tips! I had a lovely dinner last night, I have had fruit so far this morning, I am going to have a yoghurt in a minute, it is mullerlight strawberry 165g pot says 99 calories, is that a syn or free? I am on extra easy xx

All the "ordinary" Muller Lights are syn free. The only ones with syns in are the varieties with "cake bits" in - like e.g. apple crumble or the ones with fruit under layers (I know the vanilla with cherry under layer and chocolate sprinkles is 1.5 for instance).

Keep it up, you're doing great :)

Thank you Theria! It was yummy and it felt really naughty eating it because on the VLCD I was on before it was just shakes soups bars allowed! Was awful, no fruit no nothing apart from some veg :( absolutely loving this!! I have missed cooking but my partner hasn't missed the washing up Hehe he said you can tell I am cooking again :D x

Thank you Theria! It was yummy and it felt really naughty eating it because on the VLCD I was on before it was just shakes soups bars allowed! Was awful, no fruit no nothing apart from some veg :( absolutely loving this!! I have missed cooking but my partner hasn't missed the washing up Hehe he said you can tell I am cooking again :D x

I've never done so much washing up as on SW!! (I used to just eat off the take away containers and then chuck them...disgusting!)

When you hit target your treat can be a dishwasher!!!!

My partner says I am like a TV chef when I cook lol I use everything because I know I'm not the one washing up! Haha I was the same with takeaways :( I ripped up and binned the takeaway menus :D oh and I already have a dishwasher! My partner ;) Hehe x

Hi grollyzbird - your enthusiasm is infectious! You're doing so well - go you!

I know you're on a budget and wondered if you know that Tesco Everyday Value wholemeal bread is 45p a loaf and although it's a 800g loaf each slice only weighs 32g. So you can have two full size slices for your healthy extra b choice if you cut a tiny bit of crust off (4g worth lol!)

Good luck and keep posting!

Oh fab! Thank you :D that will cheer my OH up as well lol he loves bread! I am so worried I am eating to much fruit and salad! Is there a limit on fruit? I have had 2 apples a slice of honeydew melon a Clementine and strawberries!! Plus a large salad at lunch then chicken pasta for dinner, oh and a yoghurt and alpen bar lol is that to much? Loving it though and don't mind cutting anything down :D xx

No limit on fruit thankfully! I eat loads but did you have your hxa or any syns?dont forget these x

I now go mainly to aldi or lidls or morrisons if I need something on the quick as morrisons is only round the corner to me. I also use a local fruit and veg stall, going to aldi and lidls and using the fruit n veg stall I save loads. Hope this helps x

Hi gollyzbird, I have just restarted on SW and have been reading your posts. WOW! what an inspiration you are! Your enthusiasm has given me the kick in the butt that I needed to get back on the SW healthy eating plan. I am doing it from home now, last time I went to group and one helpful tip our consultant gave us was
"bowl,plate, cup - SUPERFREE!!!"
meaning that everytime you eat make sure 1/3 of your food is superfree ie veg or fruit. Hope this is of some help.

I haven't used all my syns up because in all honesty I haven't got a clue what else to eat after everything else lol I am using my hexa+b :)
I think I am eating more fruit and salad than pasta and definitely more than meat lol I have missed fruit Hehe

I am happy I am inspiring people to get back on it :D makes me feel good haha here's to a weight loss this week :D good luck xx

Syns can be used for anything. Maybe it will be a little bit of chocolate or crisps or sugar in your tea but do use them. They will stop you craving these things and than totally binging!! Add them to your salads with a little bit of chesse or ketchup with slimming world chips!!!

Syns can be used for anything. Maybe it will be a little bit of chocolate or crisps or sugar in your tea but do use them. They will stop you craving these things and than totally binging!! Add them to your salads with a little bit of chesse or ketchup with slimming world chips!!!

Thanks Vicky :)
I will start to use them, I haven't craved anything yet, even my fave crisps were on offer in B&M they even had 25% extra free so big bag, they were 10p!!! I didn't even think about picking them up! my sister bought loads lol I think she might struggle when she joins me next week :(
I am going to be making the bacon double cheeseburgers with chips tomorrow so will have ketchup :D I got the 5% mince from tesco today £4 a pack for 500g but don't mind as it is going to be once a week having them :p it should have been today but forgot to get a couple of bits lol

I have only eaten fruit today, I took a chopped up apple with a clementine whilst out shopping to snack on, then when I came home I was so hot I just grabbed an apple, pear, clementine, strawberries and a handful of cherries, chopped it all up and ate the lot, will be having pasta again today for dinner, will have a slice of bread to mop the sauce up as my hexb and 1 and a half 20g slice's of cheddar cheese to crumble on top of the pasta, yummy! I wont make as much as yesterday for myself as I could only manage half!

will it effect my weight loss not eating the syns? I really hope not lol I will use them when I really want something, I will be having a choc fudge alpen bar tonight with a can of diet cream soda :D yummy haha oh I have stopped using sugar in my tea, been on tablet sweeteners for about 6 weeks now and don't miss the sugar :D I only drink 1 cup of tea in the morning, which I didn't even have that today, been to busy treating myself in body shop :D

I just seem to be really focused on the superfree foods, I am craving those, I have missed fruit so much! but have been good and still having my free foods to :D might change dinner from pasta to a 'fry up' got bacon that needs using and plenty of eggs :p nom nom xx

The cheapest fruit and veg I have ever found was from a local pick-your-own farm. Have a look around your area to see if you have any of those. Sadly they are only open during the summer around here but still excellent value for money (and a fun day out too!) Otherwise our local market does good value on fruit and veg and of course the next best is Lidl or Aldi.

I have LOVED reading your threads and your inspiration to getting started on the SW plan. I wish you loads and loads of luck with your weight loss journey, keep thinking slim thoughts. I felt a bit ashamed moaning that I only lost 1.5lb's my first week (I didn't stick 100% to plan, it was a first week started over and over and I suppose I was just down in the dumps) - reading your thread has made me feel happy again that I am back on Slimming World because its such a fantastic eating regime.

Plus - I have been on plan quite a few times before ..................... and I have found ....................... no matter what you lose each week after about 20 - 24 weeks on plan you tend to lose around 20 - 24lb's - this may be disputed, but that is what I have personally found.

thank you for your enthusiasm - keep it up - GOOD LUCK YOU !

I know my aldi gets fresh stock every day, try to get there 1st thing though.

I'm wondering if there's a good day to buy fruit & veg at Aldi....sometimes I find the stock is not very fresh. Maybe I go when it's been sitting around for a few days?

At mine friday mid afternoon seems to be when all the fruit and veg section is refreshed you need to dodge the staff with their boxes refilling it but you get the freshest produce

Back