cost

duncan

Silver Member
ive been on the cd website and found all the info i need apart from the cost, could someone tell me how much it is??

ive been on the cd website and found all the info i need apart from the cost, could someone tell me how much it is??

It varies from councillor to councillor - but expect to pay around £35-£40 per week but more for men and also women over 5" 8 as have to have 4 packs as opposed to 3 per day

thank you very much,im going to be in touch with a counsellor next week, youll be hearing from me again:);)

It can vary from counsellor to counsellor but I pay £1.75 for shakes/soups/porridge and £1.95 for bars and tetras. I am assuming you are male with your username being Duncan so you will need 4 packs per day.
no hayley im female,duncan is my surname:)

I do apologise, i'm quite presumptuous aren't I? LOL, as per fitz's post if you are 5ft8 or over you need 4 packs, if you're a shortie like me then you need 3. ;)
im a shortie will only need 3

Hope you find a counsellor you like and who charges reasonablly. Will be good to have another newbie here

Good luck Duncan x.

there are 2 different SS+ plans, if you have the one with 4 shakes then its with some milk, im on SS+ and have 3 shakes and a 200 cal meal, i personally think that is the better option, all depends on if you can cope with tea or coffee without milk

Look forward to following your progress! :)

35-40 quid sounds like a lot, but for me it's loads less than I was paying for all my food and drink - in fact, I'd not really notice that the odd 20 quid on drinks at the weekend, and 3 or 4 quid a day on lunch, and I'd spend 35-40 quid a week BEFORE even looking at my supermarket bill... saved me a fortune! ..and I was then only going into shops for loo roll and washing up liquid.. gave me a chance to really notice how much nonsense I was in the habit of buying... so good to be free from those habits :)

All the best! keep us 'posted' :)
Vx

Ive done 4 packs a day since day one! I much prefer this way
I also chop & change around (dunno if ya meant to or not but it suits me)

Some days i have 3 shakes...full stop
Some days i have 4 shakes & 200mls skimmed milk. full stop
Some days i have 4 shakes...200mls skimmed milk & the meal..
Other days i'll have 5 shakes :D

All depends on my mood!

*bless my own little version of cd lol*

my CDC charges £35 regardless of what i have, which suits me as i can budget for it.

I find that its still way cheaper than what i was spending going to ww, spending on their food bars etc at the meeting, and buying fruit/veg etc...

I had 3 and black coffee to start with, then after about 6 weeks or so I had the odd meal in the evening, just a couple of times a week, just a little bit of meat and veg, I was v nervous about it, but actually found it helped with digestion etc.
Some weeks I have a small meal most nights, others its just once or twice a week, I found it helps and is something to look forward to.
Ive just started having milk in tea, only a couple of cups a day, thats been nice. Just trying to re-introduce things gradually...

personally i think it's really important to be GRADUAL in reintroducing things... there's no evidence - at all - that my gall stones developed because I came off CD too fast, but several people have told me similar stories (eg coming off Lighter life too quickly and getting gall stones).. there's no evidence, but they say not to come off too fast, and I personally I can't help wondering whether it was related...

absolutely no regrets about doing CD though - love it, and just starting another stint to shift the last of it.. it's been great and I'd recommend it to anyone who's up for it! :)

all the best,

Vx

i will spk to my concillor about it but i think ill try the 3 shakes and a meal

My CD Charges £2.15 for each item. So it is £45.15 each week for 21 packs.
She is expensive! I had no idea others charged just £35.
My CD is the only one in my area and only 10 mins walk from home so I will stick with her.

Yeah she has by the sound of it! Mine is £35 for 21 packs of whatever I want, no seperate prices for shakes, bars or tetras, that way I know exactly how much each week regardless of what I have. It's odd how they can vary so much.

Back