Cottage Cheese Confusion

Starlight

Gold Member
Does anyone know why, natural cottage cheese is free but cottage cheese with pineapple isnt. Surely when pineapple is free, adding some to cottage cheese cant suddenly make it Synned or am I being too simplistic

Its one of these confusing SW things, like if fruit is free then why can't you cook or blend them or have them from a tin etc. My guess would be something to do with natural fruit sugars being released when they are chopped up that small. Or that being as smaller pieces as they are, would be really easy to digest the sugars and to not digest the nutrients.

To be honest I don't know, but that is just an educated guess!

Its one of these confusing SW things, like if fruit is free then why can't you cook or blend them or have them from a tin etc. My guess would be something to do with natural fruit sugars being released when they are chopped up that small. Or that being as smaller pieces as they are, would be really easy to digest the sugars and to not digest the nutrients.

To be honest I don't know, but that is just an educated guess!

That's along the lines of how I was thinking... And as Cocktailprincess says, they are rather sweet.

O/T but I must say "Cottage Cheese Confusion" would make a great name for a band! :D

I always thought the tesco cottage cheese with pineapple was free until someone on here mentioned that the SW site said it was 0.5 syns per 100g. So the standard Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese with Pineapple is only going to be 1.5 syns for the whole pot anyway.

I love cottage cheese with pineapple and eat quite a lot of it - I usually allow 2 syns for a carton......but for the first month of SW I was treating it as free!!!

Im still confused as to whether i should be synning it or not, probably best to be on the safe side, its only 1.5 syns anyway!

i assume with natural cottage cheese its only the vitrually fat free one not full fat cottage cheese thats free?

I must fess up here! I have the ordinary cottage cheese if I can get it, it's still very low fat, and it tastes SO much better! Hasn't had any effect on my weightloss.

Back