Couch to 5k challenge

I worked my way through the C25K programme this year, it is a great way to learn to run, I would recommend it to anyone, who wants to uptheir exercise. I found it took me about 5 months to actually the 5k without stopping, this could be because of my age (57) and being a couple of stone overweight, but I stuck to it and did it, bear in mind I have never run in mylife before! The programme claims you should run 5K in 30mins – well I shall never do that 40 mins is about my standard, but most importantly I CAN DO IT!!!

It is a good programme. I completed it a couple of months ago and am now on the 2nd week of bridge to 10k :). I'm running for Age uk in March :)

I've just completed this, I manage about 3.5k at the moment.. I run pretty slow but I am over weight and have a dodgy ankle.. I really enjoy it though and I never thought I would :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did run 1 of week 3 today and found it surprisingly easy. The thought of running for 3mins doesn't seem like a lot but to me it was a huge achievement. And it didn't almost kill me lol!

I am about to embark on the c25k challenge I managed week 2 before then gave up! I am now looking to the future and maybe a little optimistic about doing a marathon next year.. It's a goal right?

Lets hope this combined with c210k and SW will see some good (and permanent) weight loss..

Anyone have any similar goals?...

G c

I am about to embark on the c25k challenge I managed week 2 before then gave up! I am now looking to the future and maybe a little optimistic about doing a marathon next year.. It's a goal right?

Lets hope this combined with c210k and SW will see some good (and permanent) weight loss..

Anyone have any similar goals?...

G c
I have worked my way through the c25k programme, I don’thave any ambitions to run any organised races/runs just to keep fit although Ihave done 5k/3 miles I prefer to just run 2 miles each session, I only startedrunning last summer, I’m not far off 58 so can’t expect too much.:)

run went really well last night, a lot of the people from the running club ran with the beginners as there wasn't enough of them to do their training, so I ran with them doing my 14 minutes, 1 minute, 14 minutes then when we finished we went for another mile run :) felt really good after

Completed my 5k Santa run this morning :).

Anyone know how to post a photo?

Is it on your computer or somewhere like facebook?

If you click on the little box with a tree in it at the top of the reply box, it gives you the option to upload from computer or use URL. If its on your comp just find it and upload, if its on another website right click on the photo and click copy imagine URL and paste it in the little box that comes up on here.

Back