Couch to 5k challenge

:) I'm back on it - just finished off week 6 day 3, after taking a few days off. I ran solidly for the 25 mins and feel flipping great (bright red, but flipping great!) :D

:) I'm back on it - just finished off week 6 day 3, after taking a few days off. I ran solidly for the 25 mins and feel flipping great (bright red, but flipping great!) :D

Woooooooo! Well done you!:D

Today would be my run day but I'm in Manchester all day (5am alarm and not back until 10.30 tonight :() but really looking forward to it tomorrow!

It makes me sound like a lazy cow but the only thing I don't like about this daily exercise business is washing my hair everyday!!, it's sooo long and takes AGES!

Have had a week off running as I was poorly earlier in the week but am determined to get back into it tomorrow! Will do week 4 a couple more times before starting week 5 I think.

Hope everyones still doing well! x

Hope you're feeling better, Hazie.

I started week 7 last night - it was hard and I wasn't really in the mood, started too late at night and admitted defeat and jumped off the treadmill after 23 minutes (15 mins of solid running). It still seems too long to me, and I wasn't motivated enough to see it through :( I guess it's better than nothing, but I'll have to go back and try again tonight. Doing the Race for Life tomorrow with my mum, but that will be walking so I can stay with her, and it won't actually feel like any kind of challenge...

Well done on attempting week 7 though! and running for 15 mins solid, woo! that's amazing. Good luck for your race for life today :D

I have started C25k as want to get my speed up and actually reach 5k at the end of a run. Have restarted on week 5 and doing it on the treadmill... X

Hope you're feeling better, Hazie.

I started week 7 last night - it was hard and I wasn't really in the mood, started too late at night and admitted defeat and jumped off the treadmill after 23 minutes (15 mins of solid running). It still seems too long to me, and I wasn't motivated enough to see it through :( I guess it's better than nothing, but I'll have to go back and try again tonight. Doing the Race for Life tomorrow with my mum, but that will be walking so I can stay with her, and it won't actually feel like any kind of challenge...

Im good now, thank you :) Hope you enjoyed the race for life!

Just did week 5 day 2 & wow it was hard! Seemed like such a jump from week 4 to 5 & then day 1 to 2. And dont get me started on week 5 day 3 (20 mins run) - Im dreading it already! I might do day 2 again first Im not sure - will see how brave Im feeling on saturday I think x

Last edited:
Just ran 20 whole minutes without stopping, woohoo! Must be the first time in about 15 years lol.

So proud of myself :) x

Just ran 20 whole minutes without stopping, woohoo! Must be the first time in about 15 years lol.

So proud of myself :) x

Well done! That is amazing :D you should be very proud of that!

I know, terrifying to think that the last time I could run for 20 mins solid was probably when I was in primary school. EEK.

Starting my Couch to 5k tomorrow! Looking forward to it :D

I know, terrifying to think that the last time I could run for 20 mins solid was probably when I was in primary school. EEK.

Good luck!! you'll feel so motivated when you start :)

Good luck x

Thank you!

Well... I didn't do my running tonight (as I managed to not properly transfer the podcasts onto my ipod) HOWEVER, I did go swimming instead.

So rejigged my schedule for this week:

Monday - Swim
Tue - Day 1 C25K
Wed - rest day
Thur - Day 2 C25K & swim (adults only swimming so def going for this!)
Fri - rest day
Sat morning - Day 3 C25K
Sun - Chill day.

The pool in our town does an adults swimming only at 9pm tempted to go along.
I was out running in the rain this morning found it really refreshing. I was trying to get my speed up but decided to just constraint on time, so that what I did today.. X

I go to the adult swim sessions at my pool twice a week (they have aqua aerobics for an hour beforehand, so I do that and then stay to swim) - my favourite exercise days! Am aiming to run today, have kind of stuck on Week 6 runs at the moment, and I guess that's better than nothing. Just need to remove the mental block in my head that always has me reaching for the speed button on the treadmill as soon as I've done 20 mins running!

I go to the adult swim sessions at my pool twice a week (they have aqua aerobics for an hour beforehand, so I do that and then stay to swim) - my favourite exercise days! Am aiming to run today, have kind of stuck on Week 6 runs at the moment, and I guess that's better than nothing. Just need to remove the mental block in my head that always has me reaching for the speed button on the treadmill as soon as I've done 20 mins running!

I was thinking of playing badminton then going swimming...
20 mins running does seem like a long time. I just listen to my music and plod along. X

Hey folks!

Okay, last week I went swimming 3 times and to the gym once. I didn't start my C25K though.

I went to the gym last night and did some cross trainer then I approached the dreadmill... I did 21 mins of the C25K I missed the last 2 runs and the 5 min warm down. In total I did 40 mins between the cross trainer and the C25K and I must say, I didn't realise that the first C25K was so long!!

However, I'm not beating myself up about it. I feel great toady and I really noticed the difference of running 60 sec the 90 sec brisk recovery as I'm not sore at all today. usually running leaves me nearly unable to walk. Going to the gym tomorrow afternoon, leaving out my cross trainer and doing the FULL podcast of C25K. Hurray!

Back