Couch to 5k challenge

karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 4, Day 2 Complete)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 1 Complete)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 5, Day 2 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (Week 7, Day 1 done)

Don't think you'll be seeing me on a 100 mile run! I am enjoying it and am really pleased with what I've achieved so far but I'd still be doing 100 miles a week later the speed I run! X

eep - its not an actual 100 mile run - just tracking all the distances run so far until it adds up to 100 miles - you'll have covered a good deal of that by the time you've finished C25K - its just finding out how far you've run thats the tricky bit (but you can use running websites and track your route to do that - or if you use a treadmill, that will tell you what distance you've run)

It might take me weeks/months/years to clock up 100 miles, but theres no target when - its just something to aim for. (Although a little healthy competition might spur me on to do it a little quicker)

I know, its mad isnt it - I still cant get over the fact that I'm so hooked.

Will we be seeing some of you guys on the "I will run 100 miles" thread soon?

Oh so tempted. I'm hooked too!

Week 7 day 2 complete for me :)
Still not loving the 25 miniute runs though and only getting to about 3.6k don't ever feel like I will get to 5k

Hi Vicky
Well done! I only manage 2 miles in the 25 mins. I am not worried about that, just happy to be running for that length of time even if I am slow! You are doing really well and will speed up I am sure!
I am doing 7 day 2 tomorrow, although my legs still feel tired from yesterday! Lol

end of week 2

I completed week 2 today and for someone who thought they couldn't run...I am amazed. Roll on week 3. Reading the messages on here has really inspired me.

Week 7 is hard work!

Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (Week 7, Day 2 done)

You are doing so well. Isn't it odd I have always said I don't 'do' running. My race for life is in May so I an contemplating after that doing the bridge to 10k programme - anyone else fancy that?

can u join in too?? need all the motivation i can get! am a total couch potato/vegetable!! :)

which app is the best to download for the iphone?? have come across 2 of the couch to 5k but they seem to be the same sort of thing.... any advice much appreciated

You are doing so well. Isn't it odd I have always said I don't 'do' running. My race for life is in May so I an contemplating after that doing the bridge to 10k programme - anyone else fancy that?

I've decided not to bother following a programme as such to get to 10K - programmes either seem to be "just run a bit longer/further" or confusing things about FARTLEK training zones, so I'm just going to gradually increase my distances without following any kind of set programme (did a 4 mile run on Sunday which was fine for me - could have happily carried on going too).

Am thinking about doing a 10K soon - there's a Race for Life one in Bristol in July so might put in for that.

Come join us on the "I shall run 100 miles" thread - that could help keep you motivated

Woodland girl said:
Week 7 is hard work!

Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 2 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (Week 7, Day 2 done)

Week 7 day 2 complete think I will go for week 7 day 3 tonight as i carnt fit any in from tonight until Tuesday it is hard work and doesn't feel like it gets easier!!

Your all doing fantastic I've put myself in for a 10k in may aaarrrgghhh don't know how I will get through it to be honest hoping the adrenalin kicks in lol

I have noticed a definate increase in weight loss whilst doing this though as there are weeks when I should have definatly gained but I have lost so 100% down to the running :) yay

Vicki x

Oh holy sh*t!!! Just did day 1 week 1 and can't finish the running sections! Girls this is so bad, I am so unfit, how will I ever manage to do it! :-(

Oh holy sh*t!!! Just did day 1 week 1 and can't finish the running sections! Girls this is so bad, I am so unfit, how will I ever manage to do it! :-(

Stick at it, do as much as you can, and dont be afraid to repeat week 1 if you think you need to.

We've all come into this at different stages, I didnt find the the first few weeks a problem, but found it harder later on. One thing I never thought possible was running non stop for 20 mins - I'm now running 40 mins at a time and building up even more.

The great thing about this programme is that you are progressing even if it doesnt feel like it.

SO just hang in there, because it WILL get better!

Cheers hon. Just feels like I will never do it at the min. I did as much of it as I could and just walked for the rest of the time. Did about 4 miles altogether.

Week 7 day 3 complete I am so proud of myself I actually ran for over the scheduled 25 minutes and reached 5k in 40minutes :) that's including the 5 minute warm up :)

Vicki-26 said:
Week 7 day 3 complete I am so proud of myself I actually ran for over the scheduled 25 minutes and reached 5k in 40minutes :) that's including the 5 minute warm up :)

That's brill, well done. Hope I can get there someday!!

Back