Couch to 5k challenge

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - FINISHED!)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 7, Day 2 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Maverick (Week 4, Day 2 done)
Hoping (week 1 day 1 done -ouch!!)
Gemini76 (Week 6, Day 1 DONE )
Trefoil (Week 1, Day 1 TBC Today!!!)
Large_lump (Week 2, Day 2 done)
Dewinter (Week 2, Day 3 Done)

Not sure if you can say that i completed week 2 day 2 yesterday but I'm going to say I did! Yesterday was a big deal for me as me and my friend ran along a road in daylight as opposed to our usual hiding away in the dark and i felt good about it :) until I got a stitch at the end of run 5! (we'd just ran uphill and it nearly killed both of us) Its been years since I've had a stitch so wasn't sure what to do so had to pause the app and walk it off, anyway restarted the app and did the last run but only ran 75 secs instead of 90 as the whole right side where I had the stitch was still so tender and sore..even my shoulder?!

Moral of the story... don't run uphill until I'm fitter! reading up on some running sites I really think this was the cause of my stitch as my breathing got shallower etc time to look for a flatter route!

oh, also I don't know if this is any help to anyone or if its already been mentioned but found this site and its a route planner and tracks your distance. I found it really interesting as I found I was covering double the distance I thought I was which is a bit of a boost. not sure if I can post links on here but if you Google 'uk running route planner' its the first one that pops up :)

sorry for the essay! x

Hi to u all! Week 6 completed for me! (ran an extra 7 minutes to get me to the end of the path)!

I've updated you Gemini. Well done!

And well done large lump. I'm with u on the running in daylight thing and it is so hard early on but the sense of achievement is great and it will be easier one day! X

sofartogo! (Week 6, Day 3 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Gemini76 (Week 6, Day 2 DONE )

All I can say is WOW (I have read the whole thread from beginning to end). Well done to all of you. I have been meaning to start the programme for a year or three and I have finally started making preparations. Sports Bra, check, trainers, check, ipod touch (just needs the programme added), check, running belt (to carry the ipod and my phone (to track my route)), check, new headphones with hooks to go over my tiny ears are en route from amazon...

I have a heavy work week this week so I plan on starting on Sunday morning (Monday to Thursday at work as usual, followed by election vote counting on Thursday all night until completed on Friday afternoon) (it will pay for all my new kit). I will keep reading the thread until I start, and will keep you updated....

It is nice to see how hard you have all worked and the rush you are getting from each new achievement. I just hope I will follow behind you with as much enthusiasm...

Could someone let me know what toning changes you have seen. I note that not everyone has considered that the running has increased the weightloss significantly, so I wondered what physical changes you are experiencing? Does it help with wobbly thighs and bingo wings? haha

Well, no aches just yet. I've added myself on, hope that's ok x x Actually looking forward to run 2 tomorrow:cool:

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Paula Pudding (Week 1, Day 1 Done)

Sofartogo well done you on doing it and an extra 7mins, you mad thing!!! Paula Pudding glad first few days have gone well for you! MrsMc good on you, its a greta programme we will wait to hear how you get on on Sunday. TBH I haven't seen much body changes but raging now I didnt take my measurements before I started so I'd recommend you do that, my jogging is more like a shuffling hilarious motion so not sure it can do much for me until I get to the point were I am jogging for 30mins....not far off now! Largelump that was definately completed, I have often had to take a break in it, don't be so hard on yourself, I don't go near any hills!! Here are some helpful tips for stitches... Side Stitches - How To Get Rid of Side Stitches

Today was Day One of Week One for me. I had read this thread and been inspired by you all. I found the biggest challenge was ensuring the walking bit stayed brisk! The temptation was definitely to amble along especially as I got tired near the end. The thought that I could run 5km in 9 weeks time is very exciting! I really hope I keep it up regardless of the weather etc.

Started week 3 yesterday... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but not sure how day 2 will go tomorrow :)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 3, Day 1 Done)

Dewinter, you will do it!

Some how I managed to do W1 D1 again today! I think I must have knocked the day slider as I pressed ok. Never mind, it was easier today to get the 1 min runs done and I only struggled with the last one and I still managed to run it. :)

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Sleepy (Week 1, Day 1 Done x2)

Sleepy59 said:
Some how I managed to do W1 D1 again today! I think I must have knocked the day slider as I pressed ok. Never mind, it was easier today to get the 1 min runs done and I only struggled with the last one and I still managed to run it. :)

Ha ha! U nutter!! Xx

I'm really behind chaps!!

I should have done week 3 run 3 by now but I had such a busy weekend I didn't get round to it. I know I need to carry on but really struggling to get out the door at the mo!

Anyone else had this problem? X

I should have done week 3 run 3 by now but I had such a busy weekend I didn't get round to it. I know I need to carry on but really struggling to get out the door at the mo!

Me for definite, really strguggling to find the time at the moment, was away all weekend and really need to catch up on studying, so exercise is the last thing on my mind... Really hoping to force myself out tonight once I get home from work, but it all depends on what chaos I may find at home, dog has been very mischevious recently!!

Seriously can't be bothered to run tonight! My friend is on her way over though and she's gunna make me. My legs are soooo tired! X

large_lump said:
Seriously can't be bothered to run tonight! My friend is on her way over though and she's gunna make me. My legs are soooo tired! X

You can do it!!!!!! Think of how good you'll feel once you're back. Go for it! X

Bobsledwheels said:

I've had this problem all along. 2 children and OH to find time for, work and then more work once I'm home, cooking, zumba twice a week...

Think you just need to be organised, plan ahead and try not to change your plans. But then if you really have to change ur plans, don't beat yourself up about it. Do why you can but remember that this programme really does work and in no time at all you'll be annoyed if you have to miss out on a run! X

Just updating! :)

sofartogo! (Week 7, Day 1 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)

Girls have you the option to go first thing in the morning, that's what I do just get up and go first thing normally about 7:30am means I have no time to make excuses or get distracted!

Yes I have started running in the morning before work. It's hard at first but I do feel good afterwards. W7 D2 for me. This group has definitely helped to keep me going. Am now even beginning to wonder what next after the podcasts finish.

Yes I have started running in the morning before work. It's hard at first but I do feel good afterwards. W7 D2 for me. This group has definitely helped to keep me going. Am now even beginning to wonder what next after the podcasts finish.

I am the same Eatwell it puts me in good form for the day and it's great that it's over with before the day begins so not hanging over my head! I find the support on here great too as I do be dying to post I have done another day, I think we appreciate what each other is doing more so than family do as they aren't actually doing it! What about after this doing the couch to 10k??? Haven't looked into it to see what it's like but just an idea!

Just updating...
sofartogo! (Week 7, Day 1 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 3, Day 2 Done)