Couch to 5k challenge

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 8, Day 1 Complete)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - FINISHED!)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 2 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Maverick (Week 5, Day 2 done)
Hoping (week 1 day 1 done -ouch!!)
Gemini76 (Week 8, Day 1 done)
Trefoil (Week 1, Day 1 TBC Today!!!)
Large_lump (Week 3, Day 2 done)
Dewinter (Week 4, Day 2 Done)
Paula Pudding (Week 2, Day 2 Done)
Sleepy (Week 1, Day 2 Done)
biggysmalls (Week 2, Day 2 done)
Bobsledwheels (week 3, day 3 done)

W2D2 done:D next one Sunday...trying to keep to Tues/Thurs/Sun, well that's the plan! Got my Race For Life pack today:eek:

sofartogo! (Week 8, Day 2 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 2 Complete)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)

Well done everyone! It's good to see everyone is still going strong!

I did w8 d2 today and stuck to the 28 minutes as my race for life is on Sunday. Really enjoyed my run today but feeling a bit nervous about Sunday. I really would love to beat my 38:29. (fingers crossed)

Bobsledwheels, I thought a few weeks ago that I'd never be able to run 5k but the last few weeks are a steep progression. You'll be fine!

Xxx

HPSaucy said:
Aaah I've only gone and signed hubby and myself up for a 5K run!! What have I done?!

Yay! I would have given up this running lark ages ago if it hadn't been for my rfl coming up. All those weeks at the beginning when I really struggled...

You'll be great!! X

Those of you who have finished the programme do you still jog a few times a week? I am so dying for it to be finished wonder without the challenge of getting to the end will I have the motivation to keep it up!?

Gemini I am thinking same thing. Week 9 starts on Saturday for me. I haven't got a plan about how to keep on track. I thought I might repeat week 9 to push myself to running the full 5 k distance in 30 mins. I am nearly there though so it is only a mini challenge. I haven't got the time to invest in running for much longer as I work etc

I only just finished, did one week 9 as my knees simply couldn't take it- but now I just pick a day and redo it when I go out! I like weeks 3 and 4 as I like the chop and change of them (run walk) and it still means I do a pretty good interval work out.
Still enjoying it from that point of view!

I would def like to keep running after the programme is finished. I've looked up some running sites and think that now I can run for 30 minutes, the best thing might be to go back to interval training to improve my fitness. I struggle for time too but have made a big effort to force this into my week.

My plan will be to run twice a week, zumba twice, then go on the bike at the weekend with my boys that way I can get fit, and hopefully speed up my losses. The c to 10 k might keep u motivated? X

All finished yippee! Just got to keep it up, need to do this 5K in July now but sounds a good idea what you're saying about going back to interval training x

HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)

Well Done HPSaucy!! :) There are some further training ideas on here Training Plans
I have been resting for a few days but my knee feels much better so I might try day 3 of week 4 tomorrow. Not doing so well on the weightloss though :cry: taken me 4/5 weeks to lose 7lbs! I really dont think I am getting enough of the SS foods..well I am sort of as I dont eat meat and only a little fish so most of my food is veggie

HPSaucy.....yippeeee!!!

Dewinter glad you're feeling a bit better. Look at my weight loss, its also slow 7lbs in 5 weeks and this week lost 2lbs but being honest I weigh at home and the scales is never the same so I could stand on it 10 times and get different readings, this morning I just chose the best one to perk myself up as last week didn't loose anything and I am really sticking too it and eat lots of Superfree and make sure to have 1/3 with every meal. I wish I could have better losses but all I read suggests that starting exercise at the same time (I started the same day I started SW) won't give good results on the scales as your muscles retain fluid to repair and muscle is heavier than fat etc etc etc don't know if its true but I hope it is as it keeps me going, I get so jealous and a little upset when people loose 5lb in one week!

I finally got W1 D3 done today. It might have taken me a couple of weeks but I actually enjoyed today's run!

HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Sleepy (Week 1, Day 3 Done)

Should have had my second go at W1D2 today but it turned into a 30 min brisk walk instead. I just wish I could drag myself out of bed earlier for my anonymous runs...

Well done sleepy. It took a while before I started enjoying them.

Mrsmc, it's hard getting up early but worth it. Having said that I am lying in bed at the mo trying to motivate myself up and out. :)

Well I went out and did it. Week 9 d1. The sun was shining and it was nice and quiet. Shower and back to bed for a lie in :)

All finished yippee! Just got to keep it up, need to do this 5K in July now x

Yippeeeee! Well done! :happy096:

Not doing so well on the weightloss though :cry: taken me 4/5 weeks to lose 7lbs! I really dont think I am getting enough of the SS foods..well I am sort of as I dont eat meat and only a little fish so most of my food is veggie

I wish I could have better losses but all I read suggests that starting exercise at the same time (I started the same day I started SW) won't give good results on the scales as your muscles retain fluid to repair and muscle is heavier than fat etc etc etc don't know if its true but I hope it is as it keeps me going, I get so jealous and a little upset when people loose 5lb in one week!

I've been fine so far with small losses and the odd sts but starting to get a little peed off now! What do I have to do to lose a bit of weight!!!? I understand that muscle takes up less space so clothes will feel better etc but I have lots of weight to lose so need some of that to go too! :(

I finally got W1 D3 done today. It might have taken me a couple of weeks but I actually enjoyed today's run!

Makes it so much easier when you start to enjoy the runs!! Took me ages though, certainly not week 1 so well done!! :clap:

Should have had my second go at W1D2 today but it turned into a 30 min brisk walk instead. I just wish I could drag myself out of bed earlier for my anonymous runs...

You'll get more confidence as the weeks go on. Could you drive out of area a bit to a place where you don't know anyone? x

Week 1 Day 1 - Not a complete faliure but didn't even manage to keep jogging for the whole minute - so that turned into walk jog too - Going to be on Day 1 for a long time - and i was sweating and panting loads!!

9 weeks till Race For Life - I'm going to do be able to jog it for then :)

Well done Hannah. You will be able to do it. Just grit ur teeth and don't let any of the runs beat you! Take each run one at a time and don't think ahead or about what's to come. :D

My Race for Life is tomorrow. I have enormous pink glittery eyelashes for the occasion! I'm looking forward to it now and that will be classed as my week 8 day 3 so on to week 9 after that!!

V x

Sofartogo, I hope & know tomorrow will go great for you, will be thinking about you! Let us know how you get on x

Dewinter said:
Well Done HPSaucy!! :) There are some further training ideas on here Training Plans
I have been resting for a few days but my knee feels much better so I might try day 3 of week 4 tomorrow. Not doing so well on the weightloss though :cry: taken me 4/5 weeks to lose 7lbs! I really dont think I am getting enough of the SS foods..well I am sort of as I dont eat meat and only a little fish so most of my food is veggie

Thanks for that I'll have a look.

Sorry to hear about your knee, luckily mine hurt more after and not during!

7lbs in 4/5 weeks is fine isn't it? That's still about 1.5lb a week roughly which is good, keep up the good work x

eatwell said:
Well I went out and did it. Week 9 d1. The sun was shining and it was nice and quiet. Shower and back to bed for a lie in :)

The lie in sounds good lucky you x

Hannah:) said:
Welldone HP! *CLAPPING* All the Best with your 5K!
Is it Race for Life your doing?

So I missed Zumba this morning so managed to get off my backside and start the challenge - Week 1 Day 1 - Not a complete faliure but didn't even manage to keep jogging for the whole minute - so that turned into walk jog too - Going to be on Day 1 for a long time - and i was sweating and panting loads!!

9 weeks till Race For Life - I'm going to do be able to jog it for then :)

Its a fun run at work so then hubby can do it too as he's my pacemaker lol!

I was sweating and panting to and I didn't repeat a week just carried on, try it, honestly I found doing more runs worse.

Where do you go for Zumba and also which Race For Life are you doing? MK or Wycombe? X

Back