Couch to 5k challenge

I did week 4 run 1 on Saturday and omg do my legs ache!! Aiming to do run 2 tonight but I'm hoping my legs ache because they crave another one- not because they've been overworked!

Just updating

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 8, Day 3 Complete)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - FINISHED!)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Maverick (Week 5, Day 3 done)
Hoping (week 1 day 1 done -ouch!!)
Gemini76 (Week 8, Day 2 done)
Trefoil (Week 1, Day 1 TBC Today!!!)
Large_lump (Week 3, Day 2 done)
Dewinter (Week 4, Day 3 Done)
Paula Pudding (Week 2, Day 3 Done)
Sleepy (Week 2, Day 1 Done)
biggysmalls (Week 3, Day 1 done)
Bobsledwheels (week 4, day 1 done)

I can hardly believe I am saying this, (normally a complete exercise-phobic) but my run today in the rain brought about an enormous sense of great well-being and really lifted my mood. Moments like this make me kind of, finally, understand what exercise-fanatics are always going on about! Thank everyone for the support and ideas.

I can hardly believe I am saying this, (normally a complete exercise-phobic) but my run today in the rain brought about an enormous sense of great well-being and really lifted my mood. Moments like this make me kind of, finally, understand what exercise-fanatics are always going on about! Thank everyone for the support and ideas.

Well done!! Week 8 completed for me, only 3 days left :D

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Gemini76 (Week 8, Day 3 done)
Paula Pudding (Week 2, Day 3 Done)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for jumping on your bandwagon here but I'm new to the forum and couldn't believe there was a C25K thread!!

I only started SW recently (3rd WI last night) but have been doing C25K for a while! Was sick before Easter then coupled with a few days away over Easter, I lost about 2 weeks of training. I completed W4D1 yesterday though and I am aching today!!

I absolutely love the programme, I've always been envious of people who could run and never thought i'd be able to myself. The programme actually makes me believe that I can do it and I really do notice my fitness improving with every go. I never thought I would be doing what I'm doing in W4 back in W1.

I almost find it is a self-motivation tool! The fact it is only ~30 mins too is fabulous, no excuses for not fitting it in!!

AB x

Well done everyone!! How motivated are we all!!!?

Welcome ab! Add urself to our list and keep us all inspired! X

Did week 9 day 1 today and actually really enjoyed it!

W3D1 done ....phew:eek:

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Paula Pudding (Week 3, Day 1 Done)

Hope everyone is ok? Just done run 1 of week 5. Wasn't too bad..just dreading the next 2 runs :-|
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 5, Day 1 Done)

Well done everyone this week. Week 5 d:3 is ok really. You will be fine, just have a steady pace. Good luck.
It's my last run tomorrow wk9 d3. I will keep up with the running though. I just need to organise my own music. My first goal will be to increase my pace i think. Some days I seem to run well and others I have to push myself to finish.

Am thinking of this starting half term but has anyone tried and completed this at my size? I need to start some exercise as I am a couch potato, I have all the wii games you can shake a stick at but I only live 100m from the sea and I should be using the nice flat seafront to my best advantage. Help!

Tatws said:
Am thinking of this starting half term but has anyone tried and completed this at my size? I need to start some exercise as I am a couch potato, I have all the wii games you can shake a stick at but I only live 100m from the sea and I should be using the nice flat seafront to my best advantage. Help!

What size are you? I was 17 stone something and a size 18/20 when I started it (not that much less now!).

Also where do you live as I'd love to live by the sea x

Hi tatws
I'm the same as hpsaucy. I was just over 17 stone when I started. I'm now just under 16.5 stone on wk5. When you start you'll prob feel like there's no way you're going to be able to complete the upcoming weeks. But it's amazing what the human body can do.....
Give it a go. Good Luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im 18 stone and I cant run for toffee but I have a 3 year old little girl and I dont want her to only remember me as big. I live on the North Wales coast.

Tatws, I bet it's beautiful where you live, you can do it, slowly but surely is the key, I also hated running where people could see me so perhaps you should find somewhere with less people than the seafront to start with until you gain more confidence. Good luck x

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 5, Day 1 Done)
biggysmalls (Week 3, Day 2 done)

Still loving it but something annoying and scary happened me yesterday. Last week, I was delighted to have found a pretty path near my house, along the lake (overlooked by boats, houses etc. and the path is also popular with other runners/walkers)....I was so pleased because it was off the main road and out of sight of all the town's drivers etc. I went out at about 6pm yesterday so it was still quite bright. I go alone as I prefer it in terms of clearing my head and getting in the zone. Anyway, I had almost finished yesterday when two men appeared and one waited back while the other started to (I think) follow me. Thankfully I was suspicious the moment I saw them and kept looking back / turned my music off etc. So I manged to cut up back on to the main road away from him. I can't be sure he was definitely following me but I really didn't get a good feeling. At that moment in the run it just so happened that there was nobody else on that part of the path and I would have been going under a bridge, so well out of sight...
Maybe I'm wrong. I am pretty annoyed as I love the path and I love going out alone. But safety first I guess! I think I better stick to main roads at least until the weather improves more and lots more runenrs are out.
In terms of running yesterday went well though.

Tatws
I live in north wales as well. I often run along the prom, it's great looking at the sea. If you're near by maybe we can support each other.

Biggysmalls, that is awful, you're right it might have been nothing but if your instinct was telling you otherwise then it's good you went back to main road. I do worry about that with headphones on as you really can't hear anyone coming x

Biggysmalls
Stick to the roads, you're doing something fantastic to improve your life and yourself. Sod anyone who wants to pass comment. The only issue I've had so far were some childish teenagers who were grandstanding infront of each other, even funnier that they thought I couldn't hear them because of headphones but I could (if it happens again, I'll embarrass them by telling them so. It was obvious they were only saying it because they thought I couldn't hear).
Good luck :)

Biggysmalls your right to trust your instincts!

I did week 9 day 1 today, didn't find it any harder than week 8 but I have to say (and I think I am the only one) but I don't particularly enjoy it, I find it boring :-(

OMG biggysmalls I would have been scared as well! Glad you managed to get back to the main road. I ran in some woods last week and I was on edge while in there. It was lovely to be away from people but I was aware that it could be a little risky. Maybe I will try running with one of the dogs!
Do you listen to music Gemini76? maybe change it for something like a talking book to make the time less boring. I am planning to do my Week 5 Run 2 tonight :eek:

Back