Couch to 5k challenge

Thanks guys - I did W1D2 tonight! Really appreciate the words of wisdom and motivation. I hadn't expected it to be so hard (d'oh!), and thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

I'm following the C25k iPhone app, not sure if it's the same as the NHS one, but I get to use my own music which is cool.

Good luck to everyone else who is taking this on x

Charmel said:
Thanks guys - I did W1D2 tonight! Really appreciate the words of wisdom and motivation. I hadn't expected it to be so hard (d'oh!), and thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

I'm following the C25k iPhone app, not sure if it's the same as the NHS one, but I get to use my own music which is cool.

Good luck to everyone else who is taking this on x

Well done x.

My plan is to do W3D1 this evening.

I didn't get out to do my last run this morning as one of my boys had me awake with his teeth so only got 4hrs sleep and was wrecked. Also we have no water from 9am-6pm today so had to get us all washed and dressed before this time, so all in all decided to leave it until tomorrow morning!

Charmel, thats the one I use too and a tip that I have meant to say for ages to any who uses it, when you have it on press the sleep button so the screen goes blank as the amount of times I have accidently hit it and cancelled that run, not so bad on the smaller ones but one time did it on the 20minute one so had no idea how far in I was. I also finds it stops me peaking at the time all the time, which just doesn't help!!

Just popping in to say Hi and to say that I am with you all in spirit haha!

Well done everyone!! I am still not able to re-start until my anti-inflammatories start to make a real difference. Although as I have been taking them for almost a week and still feel a little discomfort when walking, I am getting annoyed/frustrated. I wish trainers weren't so expensive as I will also need to make sure I have new ones before I start again otherwise I will never get past W1D2 lol....

On another note, one of my skinny friends (5'2" and about 7 stone)has just started the programme and can't even manage W1D1. I asked her if she was running too fast, but she said she couldn't go any slower. (This is the same person who her school were trying to get to run towards being a full-time athlete/potential olympic sprinter when we were teenagers - 20 something years ago).

I thought that might give you all a little extra lift towards your acheivements!!!!!!

Thanks mrs mc! I run with a skinny friend who often walks while I'm running! Although she whooped my backside in the race for life!!!

U don't need to get expensive trainers. I bought some asics which set me back quite a lot but my friend and my sister both bought cheap (£10) trainers in the sale at jjb and some gel inserts for £8. They do exactly the same job and my friend couldn't tell the difference.

Hope u get the all clear soon!!! X

Is this challenge from one of the magazines? I remember coming across something on how to get started, taking you through it a day at a time. If it is, could someone let me know the date/issue number? I don't fancy trawling through all my past mags :)

Hi trcy
It's available in a number of places.
Apps for phones mp3's, Internet e.g. Nhs website.
Just search c25k or couch to 5k.
Some find it easier as a phone/iPod application as you can play music at the same time. Plus you don't have to keep looking at your watch like you would if you followed a written version and you might also lose track of where you were on reps.
Good luck with it if you decide to do it.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't know if it is in any of the magazines but if you search online for c25k or couch to 5k you will see lots of info/links etc

I did see a similar thing in one of the mags when I was going through old copies yesterday but when I read through it I actually prefer the couch to 5k one but if you've got the old mag it might be worth trying it x

I did it - W3D1 and I ran for both of the 3 minute runs :) I am so pleased with myself!! :D

Completed C25K on Saturday :) Can't believe I've actually, done it - I really struggled with Level 1 nine weeks ago and honestly did not believe that I would manage it.

I can run for 30 straight minutes now I'm amazed at how well this works! If anyone is thinking of starting it or has started it and is struggling - keep with it, you can do it!

Well blow me down I'm done!!! Can't believe that I've completed this challenge - as everyone else says it seems like such a mammoth task when I started! Well done clareel and good luck Gemini on ur final run.

To the rest of you, good luck with the rest of your journeys. I'm sticking around if you don't mind, this thread is a big inspiration!!!
Vx

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 9, Day 3 Complete FINISHED!!!!!)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - FINISHED!)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Maverick (Week 5, Day 3 done)
Hoping (week 1 day 1 done -ouch!!)
Gemini76 (Week 9, Day 2 done)
Trefoil (Week 1, Day 1 TBC Today!!!)
Large_lump (Week 3, Day 2 done)
Dewinter (Week 5, Day 3 Done)
Paula Pudding (Week 3, Day 3 Done)
Sleepy (Week 2, Day 3 Done)
biggysmalls (Week 3, Day 2 done)
Bobsledwheels (week 4, day 2 done)
Charmel (Week 1, Day 1 done)

Well blow me down I'm done!!! Can't believe that I've completed this challenge - as everyone else says it seems like such a mammoth task when I started! Well done clareel and good luck Gemini on ur final run.

To the rest of you, good luck with the rest of your journeys. I'm sticking around if you don't mind, this thread is a big inspiration!!!
Vx

sofartogo! (Week 9, Day 3 Complete FINISHED!!!!!)
QUOTE]

Woohoo :talk017: WTG x x

Completed C25K on Saturday :) Can't believe I've actually, done it - I really struggled with Level 1 nine weeks ago and honestly did not believe that I would manage it.

I can run for 30 straight minutes now I'm amazed at how well this works! If anyone is thinking of starting it or has started it and is struggling - keep with it, you can do it!

:happy036:Well Done x x

Well done to both of you on completing it - you give the new starters a lot of inspiration to keep it up. Fast forward eight weeks and hopefully I'll be in your shoes!

Thank you and a big well done to you as well!

Well done everyone, whatever day you're on. What matters is you're out there doing this and you CAN complete it!

Best of luck :)

Oh well done Clareel and Sofartogo, I am ashamed to say I didn't get up to do it this morning as I was so tired, its no excuse as I was tired every morning for the whole challenge, I literally did it every second day since I started and now its the last day what's wrong with me?? I did day 2 on Saturday and now when I do day 3 tomorrow it will be Wednesday, I need a kick up the bum!!

Clareel & Sofartogo what are you going to do now?

Congratulations to those who have finished!!

I'm just wondering, if you've finished, what's your next challenge? Are you going to enter into any races? Try and run for 30 mins but only faster? Or try the B210k app?

I'm not long off finishing either so I think I'm going to try the B210k app and enter myself into a 10k race in Oct so I've something to aim my training to!

Congratulations to those who have finished!!

I'm just wondering, if you've finished, what's your next challenge? Are you going to enter into any races? Try and run for 30 mins but only faster? Or try the B210k app?

I'm not long off finishing either so I think I'm going to try the B210k app and enter myself into a 10k race in Oct so I've something to aim my training to!

I'm running the race for life in June so going to try and improve my time until then, after that I'm going for 10K.

Well done to everyone this week. Gemini I hope the weather is good for you tomorrow.
I have been trying to improve my running times since finishing but I am just running at the same speed. I need something to drive my fitness so may take a look at the app for 10k.

Back