Couch to 5k challenge

I ran last night and hated every damn minute of it! my legs felt like lead and I was so slow. Not sure what was wrong but it is the 1st time I have felt like that :sigh:

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 6, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 9, Day 3 Complete FINISHED!!!!!)
millie09 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete -FINISHED)
Vicki-26 (Week 7 day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - FINISHED!)
mandy296 (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!!!)
Holidaygirl10 (Week 1,Day 1 Complete)
HPSaucy (Week 9, Day 3 Complete - DONE!)
Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Maverick (Week 5, Day 3 done)
Hoping (week 1 day 1 done -ouch!!)
Gemini76 (Week 9, Day 3 COMPLETED)
Trefoil (Week 1, Day 1 TBC Today!!!)
Large_lump (Week 3, Day 2 done)
Dewinter (Week 6, Day 2 Done)
Paula Pudding (Week 4, Day 2 Done)
Sleepy (Week 2, Day 3 Done)
biggysmalls (Week 4, Day 1 done)
Bobsledwheels (week 4, day 2 done)
Charmel (Week 1, Day 3 done)
Sweet Pink (Week 1, Day 3 done)

Dewinter don't get disheartened, I had a few days like that and it was like my legs were dead weights.

Thanks for the support Gemini76. I am just worried as it was the last run I would have that had walking breaks in it! I struggled to run 10 minutes how the hell am I going to do 25 mins :cry:. I know I did 20 mins last week so I know my body can do it just doubting my mindframe. I am going to get week 9!! Sadly weight loss is still very slow!!! toning up though so I suppose I should be happy :p. What are your plans now gemini76...10k next?

Dewinter, 10k timewise in mornings is too long, just gonna keep up the 30min ones for now and try improve speed. You will do it I had to really work on my breathing on week 7, making sure to take deep ones as I was getting out of breath even though going at a slow speed! You will get to week 9, you are doing great and are focused!

Forgot to actually update!!

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 6, Day 1 Done)
Sleepy (Week 2, Day 3 Done)
Charmel (Week 2, Day 1 done)

Just completed W2D1! Also took my hubby along, and he completed W1D1. First time we've ever exercised together.

Legs (just below my knees) are really sore - could this be my shoes? Or just normal?

Anyway, actually felt good doing the slightly longer run with longer walks between. Happy bunny :)

Well done charmel. I tried to get my partner out but it didn't work.
Gemini I think i may try the asics training plan and the longer runs are at weekend. I tried improving time etc. The only thing that's seems strange is that it is less mileage to begin with. I keep thinking about getting a running watch so I can track what I am doing. Need to find time to do some research

Forgot to update this week!

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 6, Day 1 Done)
Sleepy (Week 3, Day 2 Done)

Well done charmel. I tried to get my partner out but it didn't work.
Gemini I think i may try the asics training plan and the longer runs are at weekend. I tried improving time etc. The only thing that's seems strange is that it is less mileage to begin with. I keep thinking about getting a running watch so I can track what I am doing. Need to find time to do some research

Can you send me a link to the asics training plan? My other half was working early the last few days and tomorrow too, so havent done anything since Wednesday!

wooohooo just finished week 6!!!!

Ria2011 (Week 1, Day 1)
Woodland girl (DONE)
Dewinter (Week 6, Day 3 Done)
Sleepy (Week 3, Day 2 Done)

Wow, you lot are amazing :)

I'm so inspired that I will be taking this up after the half-term. During the half-term I will continue my walking.

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced, reasonably decent trainers? I know a brand new pair is the not the best way to start but I don't like trainers as everyday footwear so don't possess any.

Wow, you lot are amazing :)

I'm so inspired that I will be taking this up after the half-term. During the half-term I will continue my walking.

Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced, reasonably decent trainers? I know a brand new pair is the not the best way to start but I don't like trainers as everyday footwear so don't possess any.

I bought ASICS and my god the best buy, they are brilliant, this website has them for really good prices Ladies Running Shoes - Ladies - SportsDirect.com you just determine your foot type first to decide on the actual model, nimbus seems to be a very good recommended model, I did it by the "wet test" and have am neutral! I just wet my feet in the shower and stood on tiles...
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-326-7152-0,00.html

Dewinter well done!!!!

Thanks for posting the link dewinter.
I can recommend asics and nimbus. They are really comfy if you have a neutral gait. I would go and get analysed. I can also say that asics customer service are fab too ( long story)
I have just ordered a Nike plus so will try to keep a log of what I am doing. Hopefully it will keep me motivated.

Sorry yes I would advise getting analyzed too just here in Spain I didn't have that option so only choice was DIY as best I could!

Gemini do you go out early to run? I guess it's hot out there now. It's been cold and wet here. I have been shower dodging.

Thank you Gemini76 :) I have to admit to being overwhelmed by the choices and am concerned that if I order online the fitting won't be quite right so I am going to go and have a look round the various local sports shops. A good sport shop should be able to advise me of the best choice for my needs.

According to the foot-type link, I am 'normal' (at least in my feet ;) )

Thank you Gemini76 :) I have to admit to being overwhelmed by the choices and am concerned that if I order online the fitting won't be quite right so I am going to go and have a look round the various local sports shops. A good sport shop should be able to advise me of the best choice for my needs.

According to the foot-type link, I am 'normal' (at least in my feet ;) )

Definately but once they recommend a model you could always compare the price online to see if you get a better deal.

Eatwell yes I go out by 7am otherwise its too warm and thats only going to get worse now!

I completed W3 today. I was really suprised that I found the 3 minute runs easier than the 90second runs.

Back