Couch to 5k challenge

Ran all the way! :)
55 mins for the 8k and did the first 5k in just over 32 mins. Another minute off my best time! X

Wow! Hun well done. You are totally inspiring me right now. Keep updating, it's motivating for all of us :D xx.

Sofartogo! said:
Welcome rkm.

Where is everyone this week?

I ran 8km today. Feeling a little bit chuffed with myself!!! :)

Wow well done!! Did you start c25k as a non runner? Can't wait till I can run. Starting week 5 in the morning :) x

Maggie_Sak said:
Wow! Hun well done. You are totally inspiring me right now. Keep updating, it's motivating for all of us :D xx.

Thanks maggiesak! X

Rkmriddell said:
Wow well done!! Did you start c25k as a non runner? Can't wait till I can run. Starting week 5 in the morning :) x

Yep. Started beginning last year and couldn't run at all. Struggled through every week and completed in may in time for race for life. Did a few more runs then circumstances got in the way and had a break until quite recently. Got back into it no problem and loving it now. Kicking myself for having to stop! C25k is sooooooo amazing. If it can get me running it can work for anyone! X

Sofartogo! said:
Thanks maggiesak! X

Yep. Started beginning last year and couldn't run at all. Struggled through every week and completed in may in time for race for life. Did a few more runs then circumstances got in the way and had a break until quite recently. Got back into it no problem and loving it now. Kicking myself for having to stop! C25k is sooooooo amazing. If it can get me running it can work for anyone! X

Fantastic! It's great to see someone 'real' (if that makes sense) that it's worked for. Done week five day one today. Was tough but determined to get through. Hoping the exercise will change my shape as I'm really struggling on the scales :( oh well. Need to download another audiobook tho as find it distracts me better, I think too much with music lol x

Week 9 day 1 done. Stopped a couple of times for a few seconds, did my 5k in 38mins :).

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
CharleyBar - Week 3, Day 2
xJoanneJJx - Week 7 Run 1
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Loosemyageinweight - Week 5 Day 2
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 9 Day 1
Slimming Sinead - Finished!!
taskey - week 1 day 2 done
Rkmriddell - week 4 day 1

Well done Maggie! That's really brilliant. :)

Maggie_Sak said:
Week 9 day 1 done. Stopped a couple of times for a few seconds, did my 5k in 38mins :).

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 9 Day 1

Yay Maggie. Well done. That's a great time! X

well done all, i haven't given up. i am walk/running 8 k's every other night at the moment. the music i have on c25k is a bit annoying, trying to find different version.

taskey said:
well done all, i haven't given up. i am walk/running 8 k's every other night at the moment. the music i have on c25k is a bit annoying, trying to find different version.

Can you not add your own playlist to your c25k??

i am not that techy would not have a clue

Hi everyone, I'm one happy girl. I finally finished my c25k program after like forever. Yay me! I can't believe I can finally run 5k non-stop. Day 3 I covered 5k in 36min 50sec. Gonna do a couple more weeks of 5k and then i'm moving on to B210k :D. Good luck to all the newbies.

Aesir - Finished!!

Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Finished!!!

Well done Maggie! That's brilliant. I'm sure you're so proud of yourself.

I'm starting B210k today. I meant to do it a few weeks ago but was March was so busy. I've signed up for a 10k race on 20th May do that should keep me focused!

Well done Maggie! That's brilliant. I'm sure you're so proud of yourself.

I'm starting B210k today. I meant to do it a few weeks ago but was March was so busy. I've signed up for a 10k race on 20th May do that should keep me focused!

Thanks Sinead :).

Good luck with B210k. I wonder if there is a dedicated thread *thinking* coz I would definitely like to join since i'm going to be attempting b210k :eek: soon. Anyway do let us know how you get on with that and good luck. You definitely have plenty of time for the race in May. All the best.

Maggie_Sak said:
Hi everyone, I'm one happy girl. I finally finished my c25k program after like forever. Yay me! I can't believe I can finally run 5k non-stop. Day 3 I covered 5k in 36min 50sec. Gonna do a couple more weeks of 5k and then i'm moving on to B210k :D. Good luck to all the newbies.

Yay Maggie!! Well done - and what an amazing time too!! There'll be no stopping u now!! :)

Yay Maggie!! Well done - and what an amazing time too!! There'll be no stopping u now!! :)

Thanks to you and everyone else on here for the encouragement :). I can't believe that this time last year I couldn't even run more than a minute without gasping for air, and now...such a good feeling. Hoping I can run as well as you and also increase my distance. Right now 5k is just about as much as I can do but hopefully will be increasing distance in the next couple of weeks. Will keep updating here.

Thanks Sinead :).

Good luck with B210k. I wonder if there is a dedicated thread *thinking* coz I would definitely like to join since i'm going to be attempting b210k :eek: soon. Anyway do let us know how you get on with that and good luck. You definitely have plenty of time for the race in May. All the best.

Hi Maggie. Yes there's a B210k thread here if you're interested - http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exer...k-jogging.html (B210K....Jogging on.....)

Maybe give yourself a couple weeks to get used to get used to the 5k & then move on. Day 1 was alright. I was bright red by the end of it but I did it which is the main thing. It feels great to be following a plan again. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Hi Maggie. Yes there's a B210k thread here if you're interested - http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exer...k-jogging.html (B210K....Jogging on.....)

Maybe give yourself a couple weeks to get used to get used to the 5k & then move on. Day 1 was alright. I was bright red by the end of it but I did it which is the main thing. It feels great to be following a plan again. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Thank you, I will subscribe but I won't get started until after 2 or 3 weeks. I want to try and lose a stone first so I am upping my cardio and weight training. B210k is definitely going to be more demanding and I want to be ready for it. Well done on getting started on day 1 :D.

Hi guys! I love this app!

I completed it but want to go at a faster pace! So I've started again at level 4 and I'm running at a pace of 10k per hour!!

I can do 30mins at about 8k ph but as soon as I speed up I'm knackered! So back to level 4 for me at faster pace!

Purpled said:
Hi guys! I love this app!

I completed it but want to go at a faster pace! So I've started again at level 4 and I'm running at a pace of 10k per hour!!

I can do 30mins at about 8k ph but as soon as I speed up I'm knackered! So back to level 4 for me at faster pace!

Well done-what do you mean by level 4 tho? Unless you've got a different app to me? Or do you mean week 4?

Back