Couch to 5k challenge

Welshtigger said:
Well done-what do you mean by level 4 tho? Unless you've got a different app to me? Or do you mean week 4?

I mean week 4 sorry! Lol

So......does everyone wear the correct running shoes?

I got fitted a few weeks ago, gait test?? I think it's called! As I over pronate and have a high instep! So these trainers support that! There amazing actually, I feel the difference! Worth the money if you wanna take running seriously!

Purpled said:
Hi guys! I love this app!

I completed it but want to go at a faster pace! So I've started again at level 4 and I'm running at a pace of 10k per hour!!

I can do 30mins at about 8k ph but as soon as I speed up I'm knackered! So back to level 4 for me at faster pace!

Purpled said:
So......does everyone wear the correct running shoes?

I got fitted a few weeks ago, gait test?? I think it's called! As I over pronate and have a high instep! So these trainers support that! There amazing actually, I feel the difference! Worth the money if you wanna take running seriously!

Sounds like a plan. I didn't do it again but alternate between adding hills, adding distance or trying to go faster over a 5k distance. I have found though that if I include a few hilly runs, my usual 5k pace is much faster and easier!!

On the trainers thing? I didn't do the gait test but I did self assess with the wet footprint thing and bought some asics last yr. they were a bit pricey but so worth the money!! As are proper running socks!!! :)

Hello, just found this thread.

I did w4r3 on Sunday, but as it didn't go to plan I'm going to repeat the week until I can complete the week on three consecutive occasions and then move on to week 5, although I may just be trying to find reasons to put off week 5.

Hello, just found this thread.

I did w4r3 on Sunday, but as it didn't go to plan I'm going to repeat the week until I can complete the week on three consecutive occasions and then move on to week 5, although I may just be trying to find reasons to put off week 5.

The good thing is you can hold off a week until you are ready. But believe me, they don't kid when they say that at the end of each week you are ready for the next one, you will surprise yourself. Good luck hun and keep updating.

Maggie_Sak said:
The good thing is you can hold off a week until you are ready. But believe me, they don't kid when they say that at the end of each week you are ready for the next one, you will surprise yourself. Good luck hun and keep updating.

Don't know what I did today, realised when I'd been running for 7 mins it was set to w5r3 eek. So made it up as I was going. I never walked for longer than 2 minutes nor ran for less than 4. I also ran most of the way back after the battery ran out. So I'm going to start week 5 on Friday.

Found a lovely app on my phone that interrupts my music to tell me when to walk and when to start running! I will be starting this tomorrow .... Im excited!

Tiphareth said:
Don't know what I did today, realised when I'd been running for 7 mins it was set to w5r3 eek. So made it up as I was going. I never walked for longer than 2 minutes nor ran for less than 4. I also ran most of the way back after the battery ran out. So I'm going to start week 5 on Friday.

Brilliant!! Just shows what u can actually do!! :)

Found a lovely app on my phone that interrupts my music to tell me when to walk and when to start running! I will be starting this tomorrow .... Im excited!

Good luck hun. xx

Missjlouise said:

Good luck, I'm enjoying it at the moment.

OMG - I managed run 1 of week 5.:bliss:

Can't imagine how I'll feel if I complete run 3 on Wednesday, as I feel quiet chuffed at the moment with 3 5 minute runs.

Tiphareth said:

Can't imagine how I'll feel if I complete run 3 on Wednesday, as I feel quiet chuffed at the moment with 3 5 minute runs.

Well done :) z

Yay well done you :D. I bet a few weeks ago you couldn't even imagine running 5 min without stopping right? Don't worry you will be fine for Wednesday. My advice to you is not to stop running at any point and if you do feel tired just slow down even to a really slow jog or fast walk. For me I always find the first 5 min the hardest and once I get past that then I'm good to go. Can't wait to read your update for Wednesday, good luck hun.

Did my first run today... it might only be short, but I am knackered! Enjoyed it though :)

miss_miffi said:
Did my first run today... it might only be short, but I am knackered! Enjoyed it though :)

Well done. The first step is always the hardest!!
I've just got back from a 6k run and couldn't have done half a k a year ago!!

Good luck with the programme! :)

I'm absolutely knackered - but I've done it - I managed to run for 20 minutes without stopping.:wee::woohoo:

Keep going everyone, you can get there.

Back