Couch to 5k challenge

Tiphareth said:
I'm absolutely knackered - but I've done it - I managed to run for 20 minutes without stopping.:wee::woohoo:

Keep going everyone, you can get there.

Yay!!!! Great feeling???
Well done. X

Day 2 of week 1 at the gym plus an extra 30 min walk and I actually enjoyed it :)

Ooooo I just started this yesterday!! I've never run since like school I guess! And even then I avoided it! I'm totally unfit, walk loads but nothing seriously cardio.. I ache so much from session 1, and I actually found it harder than I thought :( but feel good, and excited for my 2nd one tomorrow. I can't even imagine running 5k at the moment, but really hope it's going to help my weight loss. X

charl_young said:
Ooooo I just started this yesterday!! I've never run since like school I guess! And even then I avoided it! I'm totally unfit, walk loads but nothing seriously cardio.. I ache so much from session 1, and I actually found it harder than I thought :( but feel good, and excited for my 2nd one tomorrow. I can't even imagine running 5k at the moment, but really hope it's going to help my weight loss. X

I just completed week one of this! It is challenging but it builds up your stamina slowly... It will definetly help with your weightloss x

Due to a pain in my foot when I ran last week and having a dance performance at a stage show on Friday I rested Wednesday, so I was fit to dance, then due to dancing on Friday I didn't get chance to run on Friday. I have then followed this with a weekend of dance workshops.this adds up to a week of note running, so I think I'm going to repeat the second run of week seven on Wednesday. Hope a week off hasn't been too detrimental to my progress.

Good luck to everyone on their up conning runs.

I haven't run over the weekend, but thought I'll start again from day 1 on Monday's then I can rest weekends or do something else exercisey

Guys, sorry if this has been asked before but which couch to 10k aps do you have. I want to start today but notice there are a few to pick from in the ap store?

Thanks

HazeyBlue said:
Guys, sorry if this has been asked before but which couch to 10k aps do you have. I want to start today but notice there are a few to pick from in the ap store?

Thanks

I think they're all pretty much the same. I have get running for the c25k. Don't know if they do a similar on for 10k. X

lisajade said:
Hi I am starting C25K tomorrow :)

Good luck! It's a fab programme. X

HiD

do you mind if i join you? I started doing the this a few months ago and did it for about 3 weeks and was enjoying it. :) then my phone died which had the app on it so i stopped and haven't got back into it. Hopefully i can start doing it again soon.

ClareusAdams said:
HiD

do you mind if i join you? I started doing the this a few months ago and did it for about 3 weeks and was enjoying it. :) then my phone died which had the app on it so i stopped and haven't got back into it. Hopefully i can start doing it again soon.

Right I originally set this group up but never managed to complete the full program so I'll join you in restarting the ck25 xx
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to start this week too. Going to do this alongside the 30 day shred as I have 5&1/2 weeks until my holidays!! Xx

charl_young said:
I'm going to start this week too. Going to do this alongside the 30 day shred as I have 5&1/2 weeks until my holidays!! Xx

Ooh I forgot about shred I'll get mine out and do that too if I can manage them both

I've been doing the shred for days and days in a row but apparently 2 days shred, 2 days cardio I day rest is better.. So think they should work well together. Was going to try some yoga a nights too to make sure don't get bad cramps and sore muscles. Do you think that sounds a bit much or ok? X

charl_young said:
I've been doing the shred for days and days in a row but apparently 2 days shred, 2 days cardio I day rest is better.. So think they should work well together. Was going to try some yoga a nights too to make sure don't get bad cramps and sore muscles. Do you think that sounds a bit much or ok? X

That sounds great! I'm going to do 2 days shred 3 days ck25 and 2 rest days. I walk lots anyhow with the dog so will be still walking regardless of what extra I'm doing on them days. I really need to lose some inches from my middle.

My iphone is still being repaired at the moment but as soon as i get it back i'll get started again and let you know how its going :) good luck

I'm going to try and break my self belief that "I can't run". I mean why can't I? I've 2 legs, 2 knees and 2 feet that all work fairly well so why do I believe that? What I really mean is I can't run very far or fast right now ... but hopefully that will change. Starting with couch to 5k - must go look it up.

largerthanmost said:
I'm going to try and break my self belief that "I can't run". I mean why can't I? I've 2 legs, 2 knees and 2 feet that all work fairly well so why do I believe that? What I really mean is I can't run very far or fast right now ... but hopefully that will change. Starting with couch to 5k - must go look it up.

Love this and you're absolutely right!! I 'couldn't' run either until I did the c25k. Not too bad now!! :)

Back