Couch to 5k challenge

Right got my phone back today so i guess i should get started again then. I think as it's been such a long time i'll be starting from week one. wish me luck :)

Helloooo all!

This sounds like a plan, i'd love to be one of those people that go running - and great to see you can do baby steps! :) how are you all finding it?

I'll have to get the schedule and give this a go! xxx

I've done week 1 day 1 I am quite pleased with myself although I was puffing away at 1 minute jogs. Bit embarressing but onwards and upwards! Or downwards :)

Completed week 5 run 3 this morning. I'm really pleased that i managed to run for a solid 20 minutes, i really didn't think i would be able to do that a few weeks ago. :)

ClareusAdams said:
Completed week 5 run 3 this morning. I'm really pleased that i managed to run for a solid 20 minutes, i really didn't think i would be able to do that a few weeks ago. :)

I hope I'll be able to do this. Completed week 1 day 2.
I've been running holding my iPhone listening the app so far which is a bit annoying. I need some pants with pockets :)

smartie831 said:
Wish I wasn't panting as much! completed week one.. I can never see myself running at this rate :(

Keep it up, takes a while to get into the swing of things but I promise you it will come in the end! And it will be well worth it! Xxx

Sofartogo! said:
Keep it up, takes a while to get into the swing of things but I promise you it will come in the end! And it will be well worth it! Xxx

Thanks hun. I'm doing it with my fella but he has s good level of fitness. He's going slow Bur maybe I should go a bit slower.

smartie831 said:
Thanks hun. I'm doing it with my fella but he has s good level of fitness. He's going slow Bur maybe I should go a bit slower.

If u need to slow down a bit then do. As long as u run when they say run (even if very slowly) u'll be fine!! You might not notice a big change in your fitness till closer the end but you de will get there!! X

smartie831 said:
Thanks for your reply. Im so unfit at running yet I can manage a 15-20 mile bike ride. Crazy!
What do u wear to run?

I wear the usual. Running pants, sports bra!!, proper running socks are a must and I bought really good asics trainers to support my legs. They weren't that expensive either. X

Sofartogo! said:
I wear the usual. Running pants, sports bra!!, proper running socks are a must and I bought really good asics trainers to support my legs. They weren't that expensive either. X

Thanks for that. I definitely need to get some trainers.

loolahoop said:
can i join? i just started this week, went for my 2nd run last night, i take my dog, and sometimes my 9yo son with me too :)

Hey hun!! Your not far behind me. I'm on week 2 day 2 will be tomorrow or Sunday ek!

how r u finding week 2? x

Actually ok... don't get me wrong... I'm a little relieved when it says I can walk but I have to start somewhere right.

I'm starting to get a slight sciatia pain when I get back after my session so need to get some proper trainers.. I hope its not going to stop me..I did slip my disc in my back in 2005 but havent had many problems since about 2010 so fingers crossed!

How are you finding it? x

I'm going to try and break my self belief that "I can't run". I mean why can't I? I've 2 legs, 2 knees and 2 feet that all work fairly well so why do I believe that? What I really mean is I can't run very far or fast right now ... but hopefully that will change. Starting with couch to 5k - must go look it up.

Watch out Bolt - I'm behind you!!! OK very far behind you but it's a start. On Week 1 Day 2 of the couch to 5k challenge. Knackered.

Great to hear from people that are getting results - proves it can be done. thanks

Back