Couch to 5k challenge

Any advice on stitch? Just done week 6 day 1 which should have been a breeze after the last one and had the cut the last running section by two and a half mins cos of agonising stitch in my side at the base of my ribs. So dissapointed!

Sorry another question.... does 30ds burn fat or just mainly tone? X

What c25k app is best to use? X

Sculls said:

Think I use zen labs on my android phone. They also have a 10km one which is exactly same as 5km up until week 8 then it continues onto 10km x

I have run keeper and also the 10k for pink which is zen labs I think. Still trying to work out runkeeper though!

I have run keeper and also the 10k for pink which is zen labs I think. Still trying to work out runkeeper though!

I used get running. It was good and you could have your own music on as well. I use runkeeper now but just to track distances I run since i finished the c25k. Didn't think u could use it as c25k??? X

Sorry! Just found it on runkeeper in the training plans bit! Everyday is a learning day!! :)

I was trying to find out how to repeat a day if I didn't feel ready to progress still can't figure it out!

Finally I have done day 1 and am really pleased with myself! Ha! I really enjoyed it but just pleased to have got the ball rolling! The c25k app was great x

Good luck with the marathon, I started running in September and agree it is so addictive, I was adamant I wasn't running a marathon this year, was going to run halves, but then they started talking about that new one in York and guess who's signed up... bring on October

I did consider York as our youngest son is at Uni there, but think I'll see if I enjoy Manchester first incase I never want to run again and if I actually survive! Good luck to you too :D

i have d/l the app onto my iphone and my aim was to start it monday just gone but the it snowed and to be fair it hasnt really stopped or got better so i am hoping all the snow is over and done with so i can start on monday! i am worried though that i wont be able to do it at all... 60 secs sounds like a life time! i have will power but i dont know if i have will power for running... i have sat and listened to week 1 and it was like the 60 secs of running was sooooo long! did anyone else feel like this or is it just me! well done to everyone that is doing it or completed it... i hope i am one of these people... my aim is to run the 5k for race for life which i think is in june! xxx

HLBGirlie said:
i have d/l the app onto my iphone and my aim was to start it monday just gone but the it snowed and to be fair it hasnt really stopped or got better so i am hoping all the snow is over and done with so i can start on monday! i am worried though that i wont be able to do it at all... 60 secs sounds like a life time! i have will power but i dont know if i have will power for running... i have sat and listened to week 1 and it was like the 60 secs of running was sooooo long! did anyone else feel like this or is it just me! well done to everyone that is doing it or completed it... i hope i am one of these people... my aim is to run the 5k for race for life which i think is in june! xxx

I felt like that the first week but now im running 22mins. You'll get there. Once you get past the oh ill just give up a little before it tells me train of thought anyway. Push and push to finish those times and it really pays off. Good luck x

Thank you ladies!!! I feel ready for this now knowing there is people that felt the same as me x

On my first week, I kept the "runs" to a light jog and the walk to a fast walk. I'm now on week 3 and can run for 3mins straight. Which is quite a long way when you measure the distance. It's separated into weeks to make it bitesize and it genuinely does work! Good luck.

Even if it is snowy, why not go on a walk and listen to the track, you can alternate between slow walking and faster walking. At least that way you can see what it's like. Stick to grassy areas though, as pavements etc could be quite slippery.

Thank you for the advice I might give it a go x

Hi all

I am on Wk4 and have completed it but I think I am going to repeat it as I cannot yet run the 2 x 5mins slots. I also find that no matter how much I stretch I always end up with my right calf cramping which in turn means I cannot finish the allocated run time. Has anyone else found this? Or recommend good stretches that differ to the ones I do.

Thanks xx

Back