Couch to 5k challenge

Need some serious motivation. I completed week 6. Went onto week 7 day one and had to stop at 23mins rather than 25. So tried again later that week and I was dying after a few mins. I dont know why. This was a week and a half ago and ive not exercised since. Really need some advice and motivation!

I really want to do this but it is pitch black before and after work :(

Hi all

I am on Wk4 and have completed it but I think I am going to repeat it as I cannot yet run the 2 x 5mins slots. I also find that no matter how much I stretch I always end up with my right calf cramping which in turn means I cannot finish the allocated run time. Has anyone else found this? Or recommend good stretches that differ to the ones I do.

Thanks xx

Hey, don't know what calf stretches you do. But here are a few of my own coming from someone who had the tightest calves in the world.

The easiest calf stretch is to stand on a step with only your toes touching the step. Your heel should be suspended in mind air. I suggest holding on so you don't fall off! Then drop one heel down and feel the stretch right through your calf, hold for 8 secs then repeat with the other leg. I usually do this for a few mins before I start warming up.

Another good stretch, which takes time to master. Kneel on the floor, bottom on heels, then raise one leg up so your toes are in line with your knee. You then lean forward on the leg that's flat on the floor and you should feel the stretch on the leg you're leaning on. Repeat with the other leg.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you don't understand.

x

Need some serious motivation. I completed week 6. Went onto week 7 day one and had to stop at 23mins rather than 25. So tried again later that week and I was dying after a few mins. I dont know why. This was a week and a half ago and ive not exercised since. Really need some advice and motivation!

I always struggled with the first few minutes and still do. I can run 10k now and the first 3 is always the hardest. You just need to stick to ur guns and go for it! I'm stubborn and so wouldn't let it beat me!! :)
You should do the same! Xxx

I really want to do this but it is pitch black before and after work :(

It's a pain!!
Here are ur options!
1) join a gum so u can do it on a treadmill
2) find a friend.
3) join plodders group so u can run safely
Find a dog to take!! Xxx

Sofartogo! said:
I always struggled with the first few minutes and still do. I can run 10k now and the first 3 is always the hardest. You just need to stick to ur guns and go for it! I'm stubborn and so wouldn't let it beat me!! :)

Thanks. Going to get back in today. Unfortunately with two weeks off it'll be a struggle but worth it!!! X

It's a pain!!
Here are ur options!
1) join a gum so u can do it on a treadmill
2) find a friend.
3) join plodders group so u can run safely
Find a dog to take!! Xxx

Ha ha! I can't really do any so I have decided to run at the weekend and 30 day shred through the week! Until the mornings get lighter and I can get out before work

Ha ha! I can't really do any so I have decided to run at the weekend and 30 day shred through the week! Until the mornings get lighter and I can get out before work

Also a good plan! :)

I ache after running if I've had a while off. Stomach arms and sides usually but think it depends on the muscles you don't often use?!? X

I ache after running if I've had a while off. Stomach arms and sides usually but think it depends on the muscles you don't often use?!? X

I am really achy but hope to run again in the morning! My neck is killing from 30 day shred so need to leave off that for a while x

Hi guys sorry to interrupt as I can see you are all nearly there. Im planning on starting up this week. Off to buy some trainers and a sports bra tomorrow. Just wondering regarding the app for Android or on Ipod. Is it possible to listen to you own music and still have the woman commentating in the background? I'd definitely need tunes to keep me going?!

Hi guys sorry to interrupt as I can see you are all nearly there. Im planning on starting up this week. Off to buy some trainers and a sports bra tomorrow. Just wondering regarding the app for Android or on Ipod. Is it possible to listen to you own music and still have the woman commentating in the background? I'd definitely need tunes to keep me going?!

Hi skuldilocks, I had the get running app and could have music and the talking woman! Think you can on most! X

I have the 5k runner Hun - I could never run without music on! The louder the better x

I have decided to give this a go. It's great to know there's support here.

wk1d1 done wasn't too bad only managed 1.5 miles tho

I started this challenge two weeks ago! I'm using it towards a Silver Body Magic Award...cannot wait!!!

Back