Couch to 5k challenge

also i only do about 2km each time at the moment, it'll take a while for your distance to increase

Just did day 2 and had to stop at 18 mins, almighty pains in my left calf from the 2nd burst of running onwards:(
Will get back on it tomorrow.

Have noticed it is less painful to run faster rather than trying to jog :confused:

Hi all I have restarted this 2day. Got 2 wk3 the last time but went 2 Houston with work & jst fell away from it. I get pains in calves even tho stretch so I am going 1 go get measures 4 proper running shoes as the wrong 1s can cos damage. Shin splints etc & as I am really wanting 2 get in2 running I want 2 do it rite!!! Going 2 do ev 2nd nite with yoga inbetween.

im starting the c25k again. I got to week 4 back in November and then the bitter weather hit and i used it as a feeble excuse. bitter my arse hehehe. im starting at week 2 again. oh im scared! at this moment, I can never see myself running for a full 30 mins :eek:s

I'm now on week 4 guys! I got my Silver Body Magic award two weeks ago, I'm now on my third week of Gold Body Magic. Week 4 has been horrific lol! I have one more to do until i move on to the Week 5 podcast....I gotta say, that only the first week did I get shin splints, they soon go away :) Week 3 was stitches and exhaustion in my chest...yet to feel jelly legs, they've had no problem keeping me up it's been the cold harsh air in my lungs that's had me nearly giving in! So happy i have stuck every 5 minute run last week through :) Dreading finishing it up monday morning and having to move onto Week 5 on Wednesday...i can only imagine 6-7 minute runs!!! :0

Keep it up guys! Remember that proud happy feeling at the 30 minute mark! I also use the Nike Running app to accompany the podcast, it chimes in with my distance and also keeps a full log of exactly how far you run :) It also tells you your pace! I've cut off so many minutes last week on my pace, it's a very good feeling!

also you can link Nike to facebook, if friends like your run (it'll post it to your page when you click 'run') you hear a cheer in your ears!! lol.

It can only help! I want to tone up, losing weight with food optimising is fine but 'body magic' is key to firming up and boosting the loss. My weight loss pace is the same but I can't imagine what would happen to now stop any exercise! I have so much energy now I definitely couldn't have done the C25K before :)

When I started C25K I never lost any weight but I lost around 9 inches which more than made up for it.
I'm away next week but I intend to restart running once again along with sw as the weight and probably inches have crept back on through me being lazy. Lol x

it's been 5 days since i've done a run, finally dragged myself out today...and once again wondered why i didn't keep it up during the first part of the week! I thought it'd be terribly difficult to do week 4 for the third time, but no, it did feel much easier! I got a worse stitch than normal, but heard the advice at the very end to drink water before you run....shall be doing that next time!

So officially finished week 4! Week 5 starts tomorrow :)

Get out there guys! You'll feel so much better when it's over with!

it's been 5 days since i've done a run, finally dragged myself out today...and once again wondered why i didn't keep it up during the first part of the week! I thought it'd be terribly difficult to do week 4 for the third time, but no, it did feel much easier! I got a worse stitch than normal, but heard the advice at the very end to drink water before you run....shall be doing that next time!

So officially finished week 4! Week 5 starts tomorrow :)

Get out there guys! You'll feel so much better when it's over with!

Is does make you feel good... X

So I completed Week 5 Day 1 today...man that was a real mental workout more than physical, yikes! I did it no problem, the only problem was the rain (I'm gonna invest in a good running jacket that was really annoying!) and also when I did the last 5 minute run and wanted to stop, I was so close to stopping, but something made me claw it back!

Feeling very motivated :) I don't have to run again until Tuesday, but weirdly enough I'm kinda toying with going out again tomorrow!! Will see where my evening takes me tomorrow :)

It's been a good one everyone! Highly recommend breaking that barrier :)

Right so I start Week 5 Day 3 tomorrow! So ill complete the week and start week 6 on Saturday morning hopefully.

So it's a 5 min walk then the monstrous 20 minute run tomorrow. I'm bricking it BUT going to work my hardest to keep my incentives at the front of my mind. I need to focus on how I want to feel at the end of achieving it without stopping and also why I'm doing it.

I want to see a 2lb loss on Tuesday...right now I'm feeling my luck should run out by now as I've had a good two weeks so far, and while my meals have all been FO'd or syns counted, I don't feel like I put as much effort in this week.

HOWEVER still got 4 days to turn it around! Up my water intake, complete a Fri, Sat and Mon run and keep upbeat! I will hopefully complete Week 6 on Thursday and start Week 7 on Sunday morning.

Cannot believe that Couch to 5K will be coming to a close soon enough! Or that I can manage a 5k run in 4 weeks time!

Ill be moving onto the next podcasts, think its 10k??? I will let myself do two week of 5k before i do though as i want to make sure it becomes an everyday thing before i push myself further.

Also when I complete week 9, I want to plan to do a fun run in July :)

My life is changing. And for the better!

I completed Week 5 Day 3 this afternoon. I have never felt so chuffed and proud of myself for managing 20 minutes of running without stopping. Never ever could I have done that 5 weeks ago. It really has been a total retraining if my mind. So grateful :)

Well done Lauren!! Next ones the hardest an then there's no looking back!! :)

Oh god how hard??! I've not looked at Week 6 enough yet to prepare myself! I keep forgetting that I have to run 5k at the end of this! :p

It goes back to 8 minutes I think! I always think running a longer block easier then interval! Let us know how u get on! :)

Oh see I found the interval on Week5 Day 2 SO easy! It was two 8 minutes with 5 min rest walk inbetween, it was the best run I've done yet. Thanks, that's cheered me up that it goes back to interval! :) :) ill be starting wk6 tomorrow now so will update :)

I just bought myself a snazzy running jacket (waterproof and light) and running top (built in support and breathable material) so just the running shoes to go and I'll look like a proper runner! =D

Back