Couch to 5k challenge

Hi all I'm back and aiming to go running tomorrow.. X

Welcome back! Let us know how tomorrow's run goes!

I did first one for week 6 today, found it harder! I guess it's easier in some way to run for straight amount of time, your legs adjust. Today I struggled my legs felt like rocks. However it wasn't for any trouble with breathing, just general exhaustion but glad I am building a drive to carry on!

So much so I am going to do Day 2 tomorrow! Want a last boost before weigh in, but mainly I am really in a place where going for a run clears my mind and boosts my energy and mood! Not to mention it feels good to have a good run! :)

I've downloaded the C25K+ podcasts in anticipation of completing the 9th week ;) and also a bunch of running music for when running 5k is something I am able to just go out and do! Oh so exciting

Welcome back! Let us know how tomorrow's run goes!

I did first one for week 6 today, found it harder! I guess it's easier in some way to run for straight amount of time, your legs adjust. Today I struggled my legs felt like rocks. However it wasn't for any trouble with breathing, just general exhaustion but glad I am building a drive to carry on!

So much so I am going to do Day 2 tomorrow! Want a last boost before weigh in, but mainly I am really in a place where going for a run clears my mind and boosts my energy and mood! Not to mention it feels good to have a good run! :)

I've downloaded the C25K+ podcasts in anticipation of completing the 9th week ;) and also a bunch of running music for when running 5k is something I am able to just go out and do! Oh so exciting

Run completed... Feel dead lol... Managed 20 mins of running.. Well wouldn't say run more like a jog. Still haven't managed to go 5k even though I done a different route. Will have to add on a little bit more on Wednesday and see if that hits the 5k. Then if it does that's my target to run the whole 5k.
Hope your run goes well x

Week 1, day 1 completed! I feel amazing and very proud of myself now.. Think the pooch is more tired than me lol.

I am very achy though as walked 3 miles yesterday and 2 everyday last week so maybe have to give myself a rest tomorrow - will see how the legs feel!

Well done everyone! Xxx

Week 1, day 1 completed! I feel amazing and very proud of myself now.. Think the pooch is more tired than me lol.

I am very achy though as walked 3 miles yesterday and 2 everyday last week so maybe have to give myself a rest tomorrow - will see how the legs feel!

Well done everyone! Xxx

Well done sweetie! That's amazing, I promise you this program is SO worth seeing through! I felt like giving up on it after week 2, but now I'm nearing end of week 6 and never felt better!

Keep us updated ^.^

Attachments

• image-3647315365.jpg
    image-3647315365.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 37
Well done sweetie! That's amazing, I promise you this program is SO worth seeing through! I felt like giving up on it after week 2, but now I'm nearing end of week 6 and never felt better!

Keep us updated ^.^

Thankyou!!

You're looking very toned in your picture! I'll keep you updated!

I like that it tells you what to do and when - means I can't sell myself short then

Xxx

Can I join you please? :0) - I found another thread on this, but it's rather quiet so hopefully it's more motivating over here! I did Wk2 Day 1 yesterday and will do the second day tomorrow. It's going well so far, I've got some great music which really helps! Anyone else at this kind of early stage?

Keep us updated ^.^

You look wow... Wish I looked like that in my running gear.. X

Can I join you please? :0) - I found another thread on this, but it's rather quiet so hopefully it's more motivating over here! I did Wk2 Day 1 yesterday and will do the second day tomorrow. It's going well so far, I've got some great music which really helps! Anyone else at this kind of early stage?

It sure does make you feel good.. Are you following the NHS podcasts.? X

Hi Charlie! Welcome to the thread ^.^

I'm a bit ahead of you, but remember Week 2 well as it was the week I found the hardest, and also when I stopped for a whole week before coming back to it. Promise that ice you get through it and part way in Week 3 you will get in the swing of it!

You look wow... Wish I looked like that in my running gear.. X

Sookie, Lycra is very deceiving! I bought those clothes in Primark! Really good value and just as good as expensive gear. Believe me, if I posted the pic of me in my underwear you would change your mind about me being toned! Lol ^.^ Mrs Wobbly should be my name ;)

Can I ask everyone a bit of a personal question? I'd really like to start running as I'm walking further and further and its taking longer and longer and I'm getting to the stage where I can't spend any more time walking further so I figure running is the next step. The thing is I still weigh 22 stone 11lbs, so my question is how heavy were you when you started the c25k? If it makes any difference I'm 5ft8 - is it sensible for me to try? Or should I wait?

It sure does make you feel good.. Are you following the NHS podcasts.? X

Hi Sookie - I'm doing it on the treadmill in my kitchen at the moment, and just using the timings from the website. Are the podcasts helpful? I'm due to do one tonight but am wondering whether or not to force myself to do it now instead as I'll have an hour and a half for my face to go back to its normal colour before picking my son up from nursery!

Sookie, Lycra is very deceiving! I bought those clothes in Primark! Really good value and just as good as expensive gear. Believe me, if I posted the pic of me in my underwear you would change your mind about me being toned! Lol ^.^ Mrs Wobbly should be my name ;)

Lmao.... I find my jeggings from peacocks hold my tummy in lovely... We got a discounted Nike store here so got my stuff from there cheap and cheerful x

Can I ask everyone a bit of a personal question? I'd really like to start running as I'm walking further and further and its taking longer and longer and I'm getting to the stage where I can't spend any more time walking further so I figure running is the next step. The thing is I still weigh 22 stone 11lbs, so my question is how heavy were you when you started the c25k? If it makes any difference I'm 5ft8 - is it sensible for me to try? Or should I wait?

Hi Helz, Nice one with all the walking! I only started on this last week, although I have also done a fair bit of walking over the last few months too.

Hi Sookie - I'm doing it on the treadmill in my kitchen at the moment, and just using the timings from the website. Are the podcasts helpful? I'm due to do one tonight but am wondering whether or not to force myself to do it now instead as I'll have an hour and a half for my face to go back to its normal colour before picking my son up from nursery!

I used the podcasts up until week 7 or 8 as I found the music too mind numbing..
I use to use the treadmill bit now I face the outside lol.
Know what you mean about the red face, tomatoes have nothing on me after my running ;-)

I can't see no problem with starting. If you go on the NHS C25K site there is a forum on there and the people are helpful and you will see that people started running at all different weights and ages.
Good luck if you decide to start and keep us informed x

I used the podcasts up until week 7 or 8 as I found the music too mind numbing..
I use to use the treadmill bit now I face the outside lol.
Know what you mean about the red face, tomatoes have nothing on me after my running ;-)

Ooh, is the music awful?! I've downloaded some 'running music' from Amazon - had no idea such a thing existed until last week! And today, I'm going to try it with the music and the TV on the Corrie repeat from last night, so I have an extra distraction. The treadmill has been gathering dust for years, so at least now it's getting regular use, but I find it impossible to run without looking at the clock and counting down!

Ooh, is the music awful?! I've downloaded some 'running music' from Amazon - had no idea such a thing existed until last week! And today, I'm going to try it with the music and the TV on the Corrie repeat from last night, so I have an extra distraction. The treadmill has been gathering dust for years, so at least now it's getting regular use, but I find it impossible to run without looking at the clock and counting down!

It's not that bad but listening to it did eventually do my head it... Hence giving up listen to the podcast once I got to running for 30 mins.. X

There's one song on them that I LOVE haha! But it does get repetitive, it's bearable right now, and I'm on Week 6 Day 3 tomorrow...still time to be driven nuts =D

No running for me today.. Got to go to the hospital then to my parents then into town then to my daughters, and the car is going in the garage. My parents are about an hours walk away, so that should make up for not running today... X

Back