Couch to 5k challenge

Hope all goes ok today - for you and the car! Sounds like a load of walking :) My son's at pre-school this morning, so I've got a couple of hours to spare. It's not my running day either - I've told myself that it's a perfect day for an exercise dvd, but we shall see! I did W2 D2 yesterday and it was fine - will finish off week 3 on Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow I swim and do aqua aerobics, my favourite day of the week!

Ended up getting a lift in to town and then back home...so tomorrow it's up early and hitting the path
Car better be ok... Was in garage last week for a service and came back covered in scratches. So today they are sorting it out...

Running on Friday, this will finish off Week 6 can't believe it! 25 minutes running, hopefully there's a good breeze out there for my uphill sections! >.<

So as I mentioned I'm looking to start the c25k but which app do you guys use? I've got an android phone if that makes a difference and ideally I'd like it to be free! Lol any suggestions?

Off out for day 3 now.. Really don't want to but im forcing myself or else I'll probably just keep saying 'I'll go tomorrow' and never end up going!

Tamara xx

So as I mentioned I'm looking to start the c25k but which app do you guys use? I've got an android phone if that makes a difference and ideally I'd like it to be free! Lol any suggestions?

I use the NHS podcasts, downloaded them from the Podcasts app in my iPhone for free. I have heard there's plenty of actual apps for free though, I chose the podcasts from the NHS as I didn't know there were apps that do the plan too :)

Off out for day 3 now.. Really don't want to but im forcing myself or else I'll probably just keep saying 'I'll go tomorrow' and never end up going!

Tamara xx

Go go go, you can do it! Just think how good you'll feel after! I focus on the accomplishment at the end, week 2 and 3 were horrific for me battling the 'give up' attitude so I feel your pain :)

Just signed up for running club on Saturday mornings, it's a 5k run around my local lake...so I'm registered but I'm going to wait until I've completed C25K in three weeks...then go for it! I want to see the plan through first..plus so nervous! I looked and the last person comes in at about 45 minutes. As long as I don't do worse than that then that's okay! I'm just so nervous I'll be the last one running in >.< current pace is 13 mins per mile so thats 39 minutes for 5k....need to improve! my friend is going to join me but not until she's finished in 8 weeks herself. Boo! I'm determined I'll go do it though! I need to do this off my own back...so big shove in three weeks is needed!!!

Just signed up for running club on Saturday mornings, it's a 5k run around my local lake...so I'm registered but I'm going to wait until I've completed C25K in three weeks...then go for it! I want to see the plan through first..plus so nervous! I looked and the last person comes in at about 45 minutes. As long as I don't do worse than that then that's okay! I'm just so nervous I'll be the last one running in >.< current pace is 13 mins per mile so thats 39 minutes for 5k....need to improve! my friend is going to join me but not until she's finished in 8 weeks herself. Boo! I'm determined I'll go do it though! I need to do this off my own back...so big shove in three weeks is needed!!!

Go for it... I still haven't managed to reach 5k but I will get there.. Got to go away tomorrow until Thursday so packing my running gear, never know a different place may just get me the 5k as shall be running along the coast.. X

Coastal run sounds just perfect (well, as perfect as any kind of run can!). Hope you get the 5k soon :)

I'm finishing week 2 tonight... hope Week 3 is just as much fun :p

Ive also got an android phone so wasnt able to get the NHS podcast on it :-( so I searched google play for couch 2 5k & downloaded the one at the top as its got really good reviews - its by rundouble. Its free but you only get the first 2 weeks so Im going to have a try with that for now & see how I get on. It might be worth a look for you x

Completed week 1 day 1 today, so chuffed with myself.

I did it at the gym as I havent got the nerve to do it outside yet, nearly didnt do it though as there were hunky men there & didnt want them to see me wobbling!

Anyway, I blanked them out & got through it. I just hope it gets easier as the thought of running 5k at the minute is rather daunting! x

I've completed Week 6 Day 3 today! Wahoooo! And you know what, 25 minute run non stop was hard, but I still increased my pace the last 60 seconds and felt fantastic!!

No word of a lie, this plan has changed my life =)

Well done, Hazie - it gets easier as week 1 goes on, I swear!

Lauren, that's brilliant, well done you! I'm starting week 3 tomorrow, and can't even begin to imagine doing the 25 mins!

Well done, Hazie - it gets easier as week 1 goes on, I swear!

Lauren, that's brilliant, well done you! I'm starting week 3 tomorrow, and can't even begin to imagine doing the 25 mins!

Oh I thought the same when I read about it in week 4...I thought 'oh no now I'll struggle and spend weeks trying to do it without giving in'.

The lady who talks in m podcasts is SO right...after week 4, it really is all a mental barrier, I was literally in a state of shock that I managed it last week =) can't wait to hear all of you go 'oh my god I did it, how!' Lol =)

Ive also got an android phone so wasnt able to get the NHS podcast on it :-( so I searched google play for couch 2 5k & downloaded the one at the top as its got really good reviews - its by rundouble. Its free but you only get the first 2 weeks so Im going to have a try with that for now & see how I get on. It might be worth a look for you x

Let me know how you get on with it, I'm not starting it yet but will definitely give it a go when I do, if you find any better ones or think its worth spending the money on let me know

:0) week 3 day one done - and I survived! Running 3 minutes was a challenge, but I did it... twice! Yay, bring on W3 D2!!

:0) week 3 day one done - and I survived! Running 3 minutes was a challenge, but I did it... twice! Yay, bring on W3 D2!!

So happy to hear another person breaking in week 3 proudly!! It's all success from here now :)

I start Week 7 Monday lunchtime....bring it on! 25 minutes running, piece of cake =D

Back