Couch to 5k challenge

Well that's week 2 day 1 done! And all before breakfast - wish I had time to do it in a morning everyday, so much quieter and then the whole day to relax! Not good running weather today though.. Really windy and rainy!

Hopefully it will help with tonight's weigh in too!

Anyways - good luck today everyone if you're out And here's to a good week!

Xxx

Well that's week 2 day 1 done! And all before breakfast - wish I had time to do it in a morning everyday, so much quieter and then the whole day to relax! Not good running weather today though.. Really windy and rainy!

Hopefully it will help with tonight's weigh in too!

Anyways - good luck today everyone if you're out And here's to a good week!

Xxx

Well done! I also prefer an early run, sets you up for the day =) week 7 day 1 complete!

Well done everyone.. Making me feel guilty sat here drinking my vodka... Never packed my running gear either.... So shall be making up for it when I get home...
Running and diet.. Here I come x

Week 7 Day 2 tomorrow! How is everyone doing?? Your runs all planned and going smoothly??! Everyone feeling excited and buzzed after they've completed the run? Also anyone else thinking of or planned in a 5k sponsored run or a fun run after they've completed the plan?!! Lets get C25K beyond Week9 and as a healthy change for life! ^.^

I did Wk3 D2 last night and nailed it :D It's definitely easier doing it first thing in the morning, but I am doing it on the treadmill at the moment and have two small people who are rather fascinated by the machine when it's being used, so I have to do it either while there's someone else around to keep them from joining in or wait until they're in bed! Day off for me today - swimming tomorrow and finishing Week 3 on Friday. You're doing amazingly Lauren - and carrying on afterwards is the plan here too! It really is life-changing, isn't it?! x

Oh thank you ^.^ i know, i never saw myself as a runner! its so weird.

Done!! Only one more run this week -on Friday as well ^.^ May start week 8 on Sunday. Eeeek exciting, this challenge is coming to a close!

I beat my personal best for running a mile - got it down to 11.02 minutes!! Very chuffed right now considering how hard I found that!

Some People Dream Of Success, Others Wake Up And Work Hard For It

Attachments

• image-4156648622.jpg
    image-4156648622.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 38
Oh thank you ^.^ i know, i never saw myself as a runner! its so weird.

Done!! Only one more run this week -on Friday as well ^.^ May start week 8 on Sunday. Eeeek exciting, this challenge is coming to a close!

I beat my personal best for running a mile - got it down to 11.02 minutes!! Very chuffed right now considering how hard I found that!

Well done!! I hope I'm still doing it to the end like you.

Week 2, day 2 just completed for me - breathing is definitely getting better :) just wish my calves would loosen up - they're so tight!!

Well done!! I hope I'm still doing it to the end like you.

Week 2, day 2 just completed for me - breathing is definitely getting better :) just wish my calves would loosen up - they're so tight!!

Have you tried stretches before you run and after?? I admit I'm bad and lazy at this and just go straight out. I had shin splints for a week but they soon went.

You'll see it through before you know it! Feels like last week when I started Week 1, can't believe I'm one of the people I really hoped I would be. I've never stuck at anything in my life, I'm still in shock lol =)

Have you tried stretches before you run and after?? I admit I'm bad and lazy at this and just go straight out. I had shin splints for a week but they soon went.

You'll see it through before you know it! Feels like last week when I started Week 1, can't believe I'm one of the people I really hoped I would be. I've never stuck at anything in my life, I'm still in shock lol =)

I do sometimes but I'll admit that I'm lazy with them! I just want to get out and when I get back I just collapse on the couch and kick my trainers off lol.

Will make a conscious effort for tomorrow mornings run!

Did anyone else notice their losses slowing down when they started doing the C25k? I'm not sure if it's connected at all, but I'm now just about to finish week 3, and have noticed a slowdown, with this week being only -0.5lb. I stuck to plan 100% and swam, did aqua aerobics, a dvd and ran three times. I know it's normal to slow down at some point, but I thought the running would help to boost it a little bit! Frustrated! Got to run my last Week 3 run tonight, and I need something to keep me motivated! x

Did anyone else notice their losses slowing down when they started doing the C25k? I'm not sure if it's connected at all, but I'm now just about to finish week 3, and have noticed a slowdown, with this week being only -0.5lb. I stuck to plan 100% and swam, did aqua aerobics, a dvd and ran three times. I know it's normal to slow down at some point, but I thought the running would help to boost it a little bit! Frustrated! Got to run my last Week 3 run tonight, and I need something to keep me motivated! x

Exercise will slow down weight loss at first, consultant said to give it 1-2 weeks for your body to adjust and burn more fat.

Exercise will slow down weight loss at first, consultant said to give it 1-2 weeks for your body to adjust and burn more fat.

Ah, thank you - hope that's what's going on here! I've just finished week 3 day 3, feel really good for it! Bring on Week 4!

Hi everyone I did week 1 day 2 today & found that my ankles were hurting as I was running - not bad enough to make me stop but it was uncomfortable. It stopped when I was walking though. Do you think its just a case of them getting used to it or could I be doing something wrong? & would it be better to do it outside on grass instead as Ive only done it on the treadmill so far? Any advice would be great! x

I had the same problem, and then shin splints for a week after. What shoes are you wearing? Make sure you hit the ground heel first and roll off the front, it's probably cos you're hitting the ground with a flat foot, and you could end up hurting yourself by hitting the ground so hard. Good running shoes will help prevent injuries, I'm yet to get myself some but I wear well padded shoes as I found my other trainers with a thin sole really hurt my ankles

Ive just been wearing my usual gym trainers, I think I could do with some proper running shoes really but I just cant afford it at the min :-( Ill keep an eye on my foot positioning & see how I get on I think, & Ill be doing it on grass tomorrow aswell as the gyms closed so hopefully that might make a difference. Thanks for your advice :) x

Hi everyone it's nice to see this thread is still going strong. As for me I haven't run in a while now and I want to get back into it. The last time I did this challenge I went all the way up to the 9th week and was jogging for 35min straight and then I just stopped and I haven't jogged for a while. I went out this year a couple of times and managed 10min straight at a time but I'm a little bit bigger now than I was then so maybe that could be the reason. So my question is where do I start from? I was thinking of starting from week 4 so I'm plenty prepared for week 5 day 3. Or do you reckon I should do a day each of week 1,2,3 in one week and then proceed to week 4?

Back