Couch to 5k challenge

Just survived Week 5 day 1! Wasn't quite as horrid as the jump from week 3 to week 4, so maybe I'm getting fitter?!

Good luck tomorrow Lauren - will be weird without the beep (and the music!) x

Just survived Week 5 day 1! Wasn't quite as horrid as the jump from week 3 to week 4, so maybe I'm getting fitter?!

Good luck tomorrow Lauren - will be weird without the beep (and the music!) x

It'll be nice without the music! It's rubbish after week 5 =(

Oh yes I did think about the fact ill miss the distance announcements, however I use the Nike+ Running app and that tells me my distance, time and pace ^.^ thanks, enjoy Week 5! You'll love Day 3 ;)

Some People Dream Of Success, Others Wake Up And Work Hard For It

Been for today's run and now me and the dog are soaked through to the bone - dedication!

A little annoyed as I repeated week 3 by accident and didnt realise until halfway through! But it made me feel like week 4 is doable now as the 3 min runs are much easier :)

Can I join??
Completed Week 1 Run 1 today on the treadmill. Didn't find it too difficult. Feeling pleased with myself.

Can I join??
Completed Week 1 Run 1 today on the treadmill. Didn't find it too difficult. Feeling pleased with myself.

Hi squeakie & welcome! Well done for starting it aswell, Im doing week 2 day 3 tonight & starting week 3 on saturday. Ive done it all on the treadmill so far except for one day outside which I really struggled with so am sticking to the treadmill for now! We're all at different stages on here so its great for tips & support x

I gave up on the App and joined Jog Scotland and I am now on week 5. This is be day 2 of 6mins continuous run with 1min walk 1min run alternate for the remainder of the run. Different to the 5K App but I am not struggling too much running the 6mins. This is only 2days a week though they have a 'Friday Fumble' which is an unofficial run as such but I use treadmill to get extra training in.

Doing Race for Life 5K at end month in Glasgow Green and I have entered the Shell 5K in Peterhead at end June as motivation to keep at it. Loving running which I never thought I would say!!

Well done and good luck all xx

Hi Squeakie - I'm another treadmiller :) Got one in my kitchen which has been used as a clothes horse for about 5 years, so it's come out of retirement big time! Got week 5 day 2 to look forward to tonight, bit anxious about getting through it as the big 20-minute run is waiting for me next. Eeek!

Oh wow, I'd love a treadmill in my kitchen - I spend enough time in there :D
20 min run!! I can't believe I'll ever get to that.
I know I said I didn't find WK1 R1 too difficult - I could just about manage the 1min run!
Anyway, good luck with the run tonight.

Hi Squeakie - I'm another treadmiller :) Got one in my kitchen which has been used as a clothes horse for about 5 years, so it's come out of retirement big time! Got week 5 day 2 to look forward to tonight, bit anxious about getting through it as the big 20-minute run is waiting for me next. Eeek!

Good luck!! Hopefully you will be very proud of yourself and see the 20 mins through! Just focus on the goal =)

Some People Dream Of Success, Others Wake Up And Work Hard For It

Was out for w5 d2 of jog Scotland. 6min continuous run then walk/run 1min alternative for 15mins approx. done the full thing including running up a hill!! Feeling good about the 2 5k runs that I am signed up for :)

Well, I started week 5 day 3 - the biggie - last night, and had been dreading it all day. Got on the treadmill in the kitchen, and 4 mins 50 seconds into my walk, the tumble drier hose slipped onto the treadmill belt and started snaking around my feet. So as I bent down to pick it up, I whacked my head on the treadmill console and lost my balance. Needless to say, I wasn't hardcore enough to finish my run and will be trying again tonight, but that has to be the best excuse for not seeing it through, surely?! :D

Absolutely, Good luck with your second attempt.
Repeated W1 R1 today, as I've changed the App I'm using. Really enjoyed it.

It's a free app by Zen Labs, called C25K free in support of breast cancer research. I was using 'Get Running' before, which is also good.

It's a free app by Zen Labs, called C25K free in support of breast cancer research. I was using 'Get Running' before, which is also good.

Thanks, ill have a look at that. The one Ive been using is good but you have to pay for it once you get to week 3 & im up to there now. Its only 99p for the full thing so not sure whether to just pay it or get another one! Will have a think x

Back