Couch to 5k challenge

Theyre great thanks! Can really tell the difference between them and my old trainers, theyre much more comfortable x

I need to get a decent pair..but the only sport shop in town is sports direct.. So not to sure if trainers in there would be any good x

I need to get a decent pair..but the only sport shop in town is sports direct.. So not to sure if trainers in there would be any good x

Yeah thats where I got mine from - I saw some I liked in a proper running shop but they were 70 quid so I wasnt sure. So I had a look in sports direct and they arent quite as comfortable as the others but nearly half the price so I got them instead! You obviously get what you pay for so it depends on your budget I guess x

Yeah thats where I got mine from - I saw some I liked in a proper running shop but they were 70 quid so I wasnt sure. So I had a look in sports direct and they arent quite as comfortable as the others but nearly half the price so I got them instead! You obviously get what you pay for so it depends on your budget I guess x

Shall go in and have a look... X

Shall go in and have a look... X

Sports direct have good quality asics for less than you'd pay anywhere else. Best thing to do is find out from a running shop which suits ur running gait and buy them cheap from sports direct! X

Proper running shoes are a must
I went to a running shop and they got me to run bear foot and they looked at how my foot fell. They recommended misuno wave inspire for me so I just buy them on line now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been lucky with my running shoes. I bought them from Aldi back in May and I've thankfully not had any problems. But I must be proving my worth because my husband told me that it is time to buy some "proper" ones now. So I'm going to go to a running shop and have gait analysis so they can advise which ones will suit my feet and running style.

I have maintained running 5km a couple of times a week since finishing the programme back in August. I also did a second 5km fun run which turned out to be something of a cross-country event with lots of hills up AND down. A gruelling course and if I'd known how tough it was going to be, I'd have seriously thought twice. But I managed to do it in 34 mins, so I was chuffed with that. I also joined our local gym a couple of weeks ago for the winter, so that I can run in the warm and dry when it is cold and wet. However, I discovered that treadmill running is as dull as ditchwater so I've had trouble applying myself to distance running and been playing around doing power-walk steep inclines, short sharp sprints as well as HIIT on the bike and using the weight machines to tone up my new bod. Last Sunday I told myself I WOULD run 5km on the treadmill, only when I got there, two were broken and the rest were taken. So I did what any self-respecting runner would do. I headed out to the car park - in the RAIN - and ran off! :p And to my complete surprise, I felt fantastic. I ran up hills that would previously have had me walking and ended up doing an EIGHT km loop round..... and still could have done more, had I not been back at the car!! So all that playing around on the machines is clearly paying off.

This morning I DID finally apply myself and ran 5km on that treadmill, in a respectable 32 mins. A new PB for me.

My name's Jane and I'm a running addict!!! :eek:

Is anyone doing couch to 5k at the moment?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have just started week 5 of couch to 5k. I was a sprinter at school (30 odd years ago!) but never could do any distance. I am amazed that I am keeping up with it.
I am doing it with my 9 year old which can be hard work but we are doing race for life July 13th and would love to run it all.
Watch this space!!

I did day 2, week 1 of the C25K this morning. I've never been a runner (not built that way :p) but I would love to be a bit fitter so thought I'd give it a go. Also taking my friend's daughter and my pony in-hand showing in two and a half weeks which will require some running and I don't want to drop dead in the middle of the ring! Would definitely appreciate some support though.

Just off to do day 3 of week one. I really hope it's a drier run as last time I got caught in torrential rain - literally had to towel off when I got home!

Ooh. I've just noticed this thread. I'd be interested to know if people feel this helps with their weight loss? I'm about to venture out for day 2 of week one in an hour or so.

Also is it a problem to keep repeating one 'week' pattern until it feels a little more do-able (friday night almost killed me!), before moving on to 'next week' ?

The app I have said it's possible to repeat days if you don't feel up to the next stage just yet. I don't see why you shouldn't repeat days and progress at the pace you feel comfortable with.

jo.b how did your run go tonight?

The app I have said it's possible to repeat days if you don't feel up to the next stage just yet. I don't see why you shouldn't repeat days and progress at the pace you feel comfortable with.

jo.b how did your run go tonight?

Charlie
Thanks for the advice. I know what I'm like and if it's too hard I'm likely to give up. The 60sec runs are manageable (just) and I'm not as out if breath at the end of each run, but I'm already worrying about the next week's pattern! Silly, I know :)
As for last night's run..I did it, but (as my teenage daughter who dances 5 times a week keeps telling me) I didn't stretch my leg muscles before I went out and I've pulled more muscles in my legs (and bum) than I knew I had! I'm walking like a saddle-sore cowboy this am! Still it's hardly surprising as I don't think I've run for 30yrs, this time last year I weighed 5.5st heavier than now and I've still got a bit more to lose..no pain no gain!

How are you finding it? You're on week 1, aren't you?

No worries Jo, just progress at your own pace - if you need to repeat a day that's better than giving up! I know what you mean though - I'm not a fan of running and have given up on previous attempts but trying to stick to it this time.
In your warm up walk make sure you are walking briskly or do a short walk then do some stretches before starting the app. My downfall is not stretching after and even without having run I have tight calf muscles for some reason so I'm trying to stretch a bit every day. Having a rest day today although have walked the dog and going out for the day with my boyfriend. Will be trying day 1, week 2 as my next run.

Thanks for the encouragement, Charlie, I need all i can get (and a boot up my bum too!). Cos I'm doing it with daughter and she has dance classes mon and tues, we're going to do c25k fri, sun & weds (and walk every other night). Let me know how you find 'week2' session, tomorrow night x

Thanks for the encouragement, Charlie, I need all i can get (and a boot up my bum too!). Cos I'm doing it with daughter and she has dance classes mon and tues, we're going to do c25k fri, sun & weds (and walk every other night). Let me know how you find 'week2' session, tomorrow night x

You can add me as a friend if you like and we can support each other to running 5k? I run in the mornings as I find it easier to get up and go rather than later in the day when I've been busy. I might not manage a run tomorrow though as I have yoga. But I worry about resting too many days and just not getting back into it!

Back