Couch to 5k challenge

Just done day 1, week 2 - bit of a struggle especially the last run. May need to repeat this week having just looked at the times for week 3! But like the SW plan, I will keep trying so one day I'll get there!

Well done. I've not been brave enough to look too far ahead as I know it'll overwhelm me. I'm out later tonight so I'd better get the iron lung plugged in for when I get back! Just got weigh in at group first, then out for run before dinner.

Hey Charlie, I found you!! I completed week 1 yesterday, starting week 2 tomorrow. It's hard for me to get away as I have 2 smallies - so I have literally been doing laps of my garden!!

Would anyone recommend an app? I'm not mad about mine - it has a button to skip sections and I keep knocking that and get all confused about where I should be!!!

I was thinking I would have to miss my run this morning as I was asked at the last minute to babysit overnight for my friend so have her little boy this morning but hadn't thought about running laps of her garden (she has a joint garden so it's pretty big but I don't like that people might see me!)

My app is by zen labs and has a pink ribbon (like the cancer ribbon). I like it apart from it doesn't allow shuffling of my music that the other app I used did. However the other app was only the first two weeks for free whereas this is free for the whole thing - hence changing.

So after missing yesterday completely in the end I felt like giving up. However with the thought of you guys I dragged my butt out of bed this morning and have done day 3, week 2 - thought it was day 2 but evidently not. It's a good job the app remembers! Lol going to try the next one (day1, week 3) tomorrow but may end up repeating a couple of days of week 2 to give my lungs more time.

How are you getting on Jo.b and sus_murf?

So after missing yesterday completely in the end I felt like giving up. However with the thought of you guys I dragged my butt out of bed this morning and have done day 3, week 2 - thought it was day 2 but evidently not. It's a good job the app remembers! Lol going to try the next one (day1, week 3) tomorrow but may end up repeating a couple of days of week 2 to give my lungs more time.

How are you getting on Jo.b and sus_murf?

CharlieJYN
You're doing so well. I did wk1 day3 again on friday. I'm finding the lungs are ok but I keep pulling muscles in my legs and bum (didn't know I had any under the fat!).
However we've been away for weekend and have just got back so haven't been out today. Tbh not sure when I'm going to get out this week (really busy at work and evening meetings at my school as well as at my kids' schools)..I know excuses excuses but this time next week the worst at work will be over so I'm going to snatch half hour when/where I can this wk and keep repeating a week1 style run. It's nearly end of term and I'm off for the summer soon and I want to be selfish and get this going properly. In the meantime want to hear all about your progress and anyone else in this thread too as you're all encouraging me.

Day 1, week 3 today and it nearly killed me. Actually had to have a 10 second walk break in the last run and ended up with it being more of a shuffle. I will try again though! Having a rest day tomorrow as my boyfriend is staying tonight so back on it on Wednesday (or planning to at least) and keep trying the week 3 sessions until I can do it. When I'm struggling and trying to push myself I end up feeling physically sick. Does anyone else get this?

jo.b, I take it you work in a school. That's a good attitude that you will keep doing it when you can and knowing that you'll be better able to fit it in soon. I know when you're so busy you're probably really tired, but what about getting up early and going? I usually try to get out at about half 6.

Aaaaargh, posted too soon!! I did week 2, day 1 on Saturday and found it much tougher than week 1. I'm doing day 2 today - I'm only working till 1 these days so I try and do it while my two year old naps at my mothers. I just run around the garden so I'm not far if I'm needed. Once I'm back to full time next week I'll have to try and get up early, but that does go against the grain for me a small bit!!!

And yes, if I push myself too far I get the pukey feeling too!!

Welcome Tink. Each step up does seem harder but I decided I'd try as I get to them and if it's too much take a step back down for a couple of runs. Knowing I have people, who are doing it too, to tell if I've been out running does give me a bit more motivation to drag myself out of bed when it would be so easy to roll over and doze for that extra half an hour. So when I run that 5k it will be down to you guys! So far I've done more than I've stuck to previously.

Day 2, week 3 complete - just! Was a real struggle and I had to have a break in my last run again. Took the dog this morning too though so that made it a bit trickier as he was on the lead. He thought he knew where we were going and kept diving off including in front of me or wanting to race after birds - spaniel!! Think I might go back to a week 2 run tomorrow and Friday. At least I know I'll be able to run round the ring with my pony at the show on Monday and not completely die and embarrass myself!

It wasn't too hard to get up and run today as I was awake at 5.30 stressing, especially as I have a busy few days ending in taking my pony to a show on Monday. But I chose to do a week 2 type run and even found that a struggle. My legs are really hurting today and I got a stitch quite early on. Oh well, will try again tomorrow.

Another week 2 style run although didn't take the dog this morning. Was a bit easier than yesterday - no stitch until the last two runs. Felt sick and panicky before I went out though and think that may be why it's a bit of a struggle - my body is already dealing with an overload of stress hormones and then the additional physical stress of running. On a positive note my recovery times are definitely getting better so at least I won't embarrass myself with my running with my pony at the show on Monday (although I might with my outfit!)! How is everyone else getting on?

I'm doing week 2 day 3 later and really looking forward to it, although I am now a bit worried about moving onto week 3!!

I found going onto week 3 was a definite step up. I've done two runs but gone back to doing the week 2 sequence for my last three runs. Glad I did a week 2 run today as my legs are a bit sore from dancing (ballroom and Latin) at the ball last night!

How do you motivate yourself to get up and go for a run when you don't feel like it? Although I was up this morning I wasn't feeling up to getting out running and then my alarm went off - I have a couple of songs that I really associate with running and have set one as my alarm - and that put me in the mindset to run so out I went and I'm glad I did.

I found going onto week 3 was a definite step up. I've done two runs but gone back to doing the week 2 sequence for my last three runs. Glad I did a week 2 run today as my legs are a bit sore from dancing (ballroom and Latin) at the ball last night! How do you motivate yourself to get up and go for a run when you don't feel like it? Although I was up this morning I wasn't feeling up to getting out running and then my alarm went off - I have a couple of songs that I really associate with running and have set one as my alarm - and that put me in the mindset to run so out I went and I'm glad I did.

I run after work so i tell everyone I'm doing it and then feel the pressure! I get changed at work and stop off either at the cycle track on my way home or at the seafront and do my run then.

I'm determined to wear a bikini on my holiday in September so I think that's my real motivation ;)

Back