Couch to 5k?

alexisemma31 said:
just wondered if anyone was doing this?

I'm going to give it a go and start tomorrow!!

If you have a look in the exercise forum then there are atleast two threads and one for b210k etc :) it's an amazing program and i started on it in June and am now training for a half marathon

If you have a look in the exercise forum then there are atleast two threads and one for b210k etc :) it's an amazing program and i started on it in June and am now training for a half marathon

oops, sorry I didn't even think about searching for an exercise forum! I'm off to have a look.

Good for you sticking to the programme, I'm going to do Day 1 tomorrow!

I've downloaded this on itunes too so hopefully will start soon :)

I've downloaded this too bout 2 months ago- its still unused on my iPhone oooops. Mental kick up the bum! Thanks! :)

Heard it mentioned loads of times. Can anyone explain exactly what it is and what it involves for the uninitiated please?

Have any of you tried it on a treadmill I'm wondering how it works does it tell you what speed etc to turn up too? Cx

I did week one (several times lol) on the treadmill, but couldn't move on to week two as I have arthritis in my left knee.I loved it though!
Aim to 'run' just faster than walking, remember to keep your stride short, so when you put you foot down it should be below your hip not out in front as that will cause shin splints and trust me they hurt!
So aim to walk at 5kph on warm up and run at 6kph, if this is too fast slow down!

Also I didn't like the C25K app, I found 'Get Running' was better, she gives you countdowns into runs and during runs which is better. You can still listen to music.

I started earlier this week and so far so good. I down loaded the music where you are told when to run and when to walk. Going to do day 3 either tomorrow or sat.
I would be interested to know how you get on as it is easy to lose focus and keeping in touch with someone else would be really helpful.:whacky068:

I think this is where my problem lies - now this will sound stupid!! I'm not sure how to run! As I usually power walk at 6.5/hr and I'm not entirely convinced I can run - I supposed I just need to find that bounce!

But I'm also worried about looking a complete idiot - what the hell is that girl doing on the treadmill?! Does she need some help lol!!!

Is it all in the bounce?! Xx

Oh and it would be great to keep in touch!! Zx

I think this is where my problem lies - now this will sound stupid!! I'm not sure how to run! As I usually power walk at 6.5/hr and I'm not entirely convinced I can run - I supposed I just need to find that bounce!

But I'm also worried about looking a complete idiot - what the hell is that girl doing on the treadmill?! Does she need some help lol!!!

Is it all in the bounce?! Xx

Oh and it would be great to keep in touch!! Zx

I know how you feel. Everyone else seems so fit and I always feel like an idiot BUT just stick you earphones in and go for it.
I usually start at 6.5ish and run at about 7.2-7.5 its only for a couple of mins and as the time goes on you will find your rhythm. Let me know how you get on.

Hi all!

I started this yesterday on the treadmill at the gym. I have the get running app that shirl mentioned.

I have it on my iPhone so I put my earphones in and the app talks over to tell
Me when to run/walk, how much I have left etc.

I walked at 5.5 and ran at 9 (kph) if that's any help?

Would be fab to keep updating our progress!!

Hi all!

I started this yesterday on the treadmill at the gym. I have the get running app that shirl mentioned.

9 Respect!!:happy036:

Mrs.S. said:
Hi all!

Bliddy heck! 9!!! I can now manage 8.3kph but that's my limit! Well done you!

I've had this for a while (haven't used for a good few months! When I did, I got to about week 3 quite easily. Just when the weather turned, couldn't face it. May try on the treadmill tomorrow...if I can get on it! :p

Good for you Mrs S :)

I have just done W2D2. Not too bad but not sure how I will get on when I am back at work and everything is back to normal.:chores016:

Back