Couch to 5k?

Thankyou!!! I'm Nervous I Actually have a slight fear of treadmills or more so of flying off the end! I've never run in my life! But I'll take those tips and let you know how I get on :)

Hopefully I'll e ok! X

I did it!!! I'm so pleased!!! W1d1 at walking 5.5 and running 8.0km/hr on the treadmill !!! Ah I'm so happy I managed to do the entire thing!!!

Thanks veryone for the support!! Xx

I did it!!! I'm so pleased!!! W1d1 at walking 5.5 and running 8.0km/hr on the treadmill !!! Ah I'm so happy I managed to do the entire thing!!!

Thanks veryone for the support!! Xx

OMG thats really good. I usually run at about 7.5. Good for you!!!!:party0049:

Thankyou!!! I feel a bit stupid at being so pleased but little steps and all that!! :) xx

Well done! I couldn't finish the first time nor the second but when I did you could have seen my smile from space lol!

Yeah I'm sure I'm the same with my smile lol xx

Brilliant efforts, when it hurts you just have to push through it and block it out. Music helps, just listen to the beat and forget the pain and before you know it you've covered another big distance.

I do loads of running now, and I started by doing small blocks of an estate and seeing how long I could go without stopping.

Then I extended the roads into bigger blocks. Another one I did is download a good app for your phone that tracks your GPS. Get halfway and come back, that way you know the exact distance you've done.

All you're looking to do daily/weekly is to better what you did before.

Faster, Further, Quicker and when it gets easier, make it harder with hills.

Always challenge yourself to do more :) You'll be amazed at what you can do!

week 1 day 2 done, took one of the dogs with me this time, still windy out there and did find it a bit more difficult than day 1, but its done x

I'm so glad I found this thread as I have downloaded the app ready to start on Saturday :girl power:

Look forward to hearing how you all get on. x

I downloaded C25k on my Blackberry about 3 months ago (lol) and used for the first time about a week ago. I did W1D1 and found it so difficult! I've never done exercise before and I'm certainly not a natural runner and I just feel like I'm not doing it right - I know that sounds really stupid!

I've bought a book a couple of days ago, called Women's Guide to Running, so I can ensure that I warm up/cool down properly etc, but I'm feeling a little disheartned cause I was expecting to be able to do it.. I suppose I shouldn't have thought that I could go from not running since school (I wasn't even any good at school) to running half a marathon in a week! ;)

I did feel amazing afterwards, but for a couple of days I really ached to the point of painful - I don't think I cooled down properly.

I've also been doing Zumba Fitness on the Wii, which I find really fun, but I want to go out there and run!

I had a couple of hills in my W1D1 workout - do you think I should stick to flat terrain?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work! x

Did week 1 days one on Sunday last week, went to the Gym at work on Tuesday with the intention of doing day 2 - completed the first un and then the instructor suggested I join the lunchtime abs class he was about to run. (I usually go to the gym before work at 06:30) the class was great and so never got round to completing day 2 (went to a class on Wednesday, day off Thursday as I was beginning to ache) and a personal training session on Friday so back to it today, I am going to walk the doges for a couple of miles this afternoon and then complete day 2 before tea - wish me luck....

I downloaded C25k on my Blackberry about 3 months ago (lol) and used for the first time about a week ago. I did W1D1 and found it so difficult! I've never done exercise before and I'm certainly not a natural runner and I just feel like I'm not doing it right - I know that sounds really stupid!

I've bought a book a couple of days ago, called Women's Guide to Running, so I can ensure that I warm up/cool down properly etc, but I'm feeling a little disheartned cause I was expecting to be able to do it.. I suppose I shouldn't have thought that I could go from not running since school (I wasn't even any good at school) to running half a marathon in a week! ;)

I did feel amazing afterwards, but for a couple of days I really ached to the point of painful - I don't think I cooled down properly.

I've also been doing Zumba Fitness on the Wii, which I find really fun, but I want to go out there and run!

I had a couple of hills in my W1D1 workout - do you think I should stick to flat terrain?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work! x

Don't get disheartened. Maybe do just two days each week of Week til you feel you can move onto W2. I am aching in places I had long forgotten about and hoping it will get better in time. We live in hope!! Running hills is much more difficult then on the flat I am sure you would notice a difference if you kept the running bit to the flat. Let us know how you get on.
Good luck :superwoman:

Back